Hassan was born in April 1984. She was raised partly in Nigeria and speaks Yoruba. Both of her parents are in business. She received her advanced education at Duke University in the United States where she studied English and economics, after which she completed a master's degree at the School of Oriental and African Studies in London.
Her early career was in the private-equity business but she took a break from that for a year to take sewing and pattern cutting classes. She founded Nubian Skin, which makes underwear in dark tones for women of colour, in 2014 after she was unable to purchase clothing for herself in her preferred colours. In 2014 she was named Fashion Entrepreneur of the Year at the Great British Entrepreneur Awards. In October 2015 Ade's brand, Nubian Skin, was nominated for Hosiery Brand of the Year at the UK Lingerie Awards and won UK's Favourite British Designer of the Year. She was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire in the 2017 Queen's Birthday Honours for services to fashion.
- "A talk with Ade Hassan: the brain behind Nubian Skin - ABINA". Abinaonline.com. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- "Nubian Skin's Ade Hassan talks nude lingerie for all skin tones". LA Times. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- Alara, Dimeji. "5 MINS WITH THE FOUNDER OF NUBIAN SKIN, ADE HASSAN - Elle South Africa". Elle.co.za. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- Oredein, Tobi (2016-07-14). "Beyonce underwear lingerie designer Ade Hassan interview | Glamour UK". Glamourmagazine.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- Rachel Moss Lifestyle Writer at The Huffington Post UK (2014-11-10). "Women In Business: Nubian Skin Founder Ade Hassan On Creating Nude Lingerie For Women Of Colour | HuffPost UK". Huffingtonpost.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- "About Us". Nubian Skin. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- "Interview: Meet Nubian Skin's Ade Hassan | Be Inspired". Figleaves. 2016-10-26. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- "Meet The Woman Who Is Redefining The Word 'Nude'". Marieclaire.co.uk. 2015-06-24. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- "Ade Hassan wins Fashion Entrepreneur of the Year! / Nubian Skin Blog - Nubian Skin US". Nubianskin.com. 2015-12-01. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
- "UKLA Finalists: Hosiery Brand of the Year - Lingerie Insight". 9 October 2015.
- "Your guide to the full list of UKLA 2015 winners - Lingerie Insight". 12 January 2016.
- Emily Banks (2017-06-17). "BIRTHDAY HONOURS 2017: BEM for West Hampstead Holocaust survivor who hid in a hole to escape Nazis - News - Hampstead Highgate Express". Hamhigh.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-06-24.
|This United Kingdom business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|