From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Related names||Adalia, Adelaide, Adele, Adelheid, Adelia, Adélie, Adelina, Adeline, Adelle|
Adela is a female given name meaning noble or serene.
Adela is also a male name in Ethiopia. It means favours.
- Adela of Normandy (1062 or 1067–1137), daughter of William I of England and sister of Henry I of England
- Adela of France, Countess of Flanders (1009–1063)
- Adela of France, Countess of Nevers (c. 1003–1063)
- Adela of Meissen (died 1181), Danish Queen consort, spouse of King Sweyn III of Denmark
- Adela of Pfalzel (660- ca.735), saint and founder of convent of Pfalzel
- Adela Cortina, Spanish philosopher
- Adela Garcia (born 1971), IFBB Pro Fitness competitor
- Adela Micha, Mexican journalist
- Adela Noriega (born 1969), Mexican actress
- Adela Pankhurst (1885–1961), British-Australian political activist
- Adela Peña, American violinist
- Adela Popescu (born 1988), Romanian actress and singer
- Adela Rogers St. Johns (1894–1988), American journalist, novelist, and screenwriter.
- Adela Verne, English pianist
- Adella Prentiss Hughes (1869–1950), American pianist
- Adella Wotherspoon (1903–2004), youngest and last living survivor of the General Slocum ship disaster
- Adela bint Abdulla Al-Saud daughter of King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia and women's rights activist
- Campbell, Kelly. <http://wiki.name.com/en/Adela> "Adela," Wiki.Name.com
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|