Adelaide Hills Council
|Adelaide Hills Council
|Population||38,863 (2016 census)|
|• Density||50/km2 (130/sq mi)|
|Area||795.08 km2 (307.0 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Bill Spragg |
|State electorate(s)||Heysen, Morialta, Kavel, Schubert|
|Federal Division(s)||Mayo, Sturt, Wakefield|
|Website||Adelaide Hills Council|
Adelaide Hills Council is a local government area in the Adelaide Hills of South Australia. It is in the hills east of Adelaide, the capital of South Australia, and extends from the South Para Reservoir in the north to the Mount Bold Reservoir in the south.
The council was established in 1997 by the amalgamation of the District Council of East Torrens, the District Council of Gumeracha, the District Council of Onkaparinga and the District Council of Stirling.
|Independent||Jan-Claire Wisdom||Deputy Mayor|
|Marble Hill||Independent||Jan Loveday|
|Mount Lofty||Independent||John Kemp|
|Onkaparinga Valley||SA-BEST||Andrew Stratford|
|Torrens Valley||Independent||Malcolm Herrmann|
The Adelaide Hills Council contains the following suburbs and localities:
- Aldgate Valley
- Basket Range
- Carey Gully
- Chain Of Ponds
- Crafers West
- Cudlee Creek
- Dorset Vale
- Eagle On The Hill
- Forest Range
- Humbug Scrub
- Kenton Valley
- Lower Hermitage
- Marble Hill
- Mount George
- Mount Lofty
- Mount Torrens
- Norton Summit
- Scott Creek
- Upper Hermitage
- Upper Sturt
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Adelaide Hills (DC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- "Council Members". Adelaide Hills Council. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Adelaide Hills SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "Freedom of Information". Adelaide Hills Council. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "CM Register of Interests" (PDF). Adelaide Hills Council. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- "Adelaide Hills Council (Suburbs Localities)". Local Government Association of South Australia. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
|This South Australia geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|