|Township of Adelaide Metcalfe|
|Formed||January 1, 2001|
|• Mayor||Kurtis Smith|
|• Federal riding||Lambton—Kent—Middlesex|
|• Prov. riding||Lambton—Kent—Middlesex|
|• Land||331.38 km2 (127.95 sq mi)|
|Elevation||227 m (745 ft)|
|• Density||9.1/km2 (24/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|Postal Code||N0M, N7G|
|Area code(s)||519 and 226|
Adelaide Metcalfe (2011 population 3,028) is a township in Middlesex County, Ontario, Canada. It was formed on January 1, 2001 through the amalgamation of the former Township of Adelaide and the Township of Metcalfe. It is part of the London census metropolitan area.
The township contains the communities of Adelaide, Crathie, Dejong, Kerwood, Keyser, Mullifarry, Napier, Napperton, Springfield, Walkers and Wrightmans Corners.
According to the 2011 Canadian Census, the population of Adelaide Metcalfe is 3,028, a -3.4% change from 2006, which is lower than the 5.9% growth rate for Canada as a whole. The median age is 39.7 years old which is approximately the same as the national average at 40.6 years old.
According to the 2011 National Household Survey, White ( 96.6%), with a small community of Koreans ( 3.3%). Specifically, residents of Adelaide Metcalfe identify their ethnic origin as: Canadian ( 36.2%), English ( 32.1%), Dutch ( 27.2%), Scottish ( 26%), and Irish ( 18.2%). According to the 2011 Census, English is the mother tongue of 87.2% of the population, with a small population of Dutch ( 4.7%) and Portuguese ( 2.3%) speakers. Adelaide Metcalfe has 63.7% Christian adherents whereas 35.7% does not affiliate with any religion.85.8% of Adelaide Metcalfe residents are Canadian citizens by birth, and about 2.5% of residents are recent immigrants (from 2001 to 2011). Residents of Adelaide Metcalfe are primarily
The highest levels of education obtained by residents aged 25 to 64 years old, are as followed: 43.1% of people have a post-secondary schooling degree (including 9.2% with a University degree or higher), 32.6% have a high school degree (or equivalent) and 24.2% have no certificate, diploma or degree; these represent somewhat higher education rates than Canadian averages at 64.1%, 23.2%, & 12.7% respectively.
The median household income before taxes is $28,644, and after taxes is $26,846; lower than the provincial or national figures at $66,358 and $61,072 pre-tax ($58,717 and $54,089 after tax) respectively. The median commute time to work for those 15 years and over was 20.3 minutes with almost all commutes ( 94.3%) done by personal vehicle as a driver. The median value of a dwelling in Adelaide Metcalfe is $250,399 which is less than the Canadian median value of $280,552 and the Ontario median value of $300,862.
- Population in 2006: 3150 (or 3135 when adjusted to 2011 boundaries)
- Population in 2001: 3149 (or 3109 when adjusted to 2006 boundaries)
- Population total in 1996: 3128
- Adelaide (township): 1901
- Metcalfe (township): 1057
- Population in 1991:
- Adelaide (township): 1970
- Metcalfe (township): 986
Wind farm project
Adelaide is the site of a proposed TCI Renewables wind farm project to generate 75 MW of electricity for the Ontario grid, enough to light 1400 homes. The project is to be completed by summer 2013.
This project is currently being opposed by the Middlesex Wind Action Group, a group formed by concerned citizens of Adelaide Metcalfe township (one of over 48 such groups in Ontario) who believe that due process was not followed. Key arguments in the protest relate to unaddressed health concerns, lack of notification of the project and road safety (i.e. proximity to Highway 402, shadow flicker, ice throw, blade throw).
- Adrian deBruyn = 425 Elected
- Putts Strybosch = 375
- Randy Campbell = 179
- Richard Copp = 338
- Mary Ann Hendrikx = 388
- Betty Ann Mckinnon = 403 Elected
- Kurtis Smith = 445 Elected
- Nick Stokman = 404 Elected
- "Adelaide-Metcalfe census profile". 2011 Census of Population. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012-08-08. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "cp2011" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "National Household Survey (NHS) Profile, 2011". Statistics Canada. 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2016-03-27.
- "Census Profile – 2011 Census". Statistics Canada. 2012-10-24. Retrieved 2016-03-27.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- "Corrections and updates". 2006 Census data. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2011-02-15.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006 census
- "Adelaide". TCI Renewables. Retrieved 2010-06-13.
- "Election Results" (PDF). Township of Adelaide Metcalfe. 2010-10-25. Retrieved 2010-12-25.
||North Middlesex||Middlesex Centre|