Adele Reinhartz, FRSC is a Canadian academic and a specialist in the history and literature of Christianity and Judaism in the Greco-Roman period, the Gospel of John, early Jewish-Christian relations, literary criticism including feminist literary criticism, feminist exegesis, and the impact of the Bible on popular cinema and television.
Reinhartz joined the McMaster faculty in 1987. She was dean of graduate studies and research at Wilfrid Laurier University before being appointed associate vice-president, research at University of Ottawa in 2005.
- 1992 The Word in the world: the cosmological tale in the fourth gospel (ISBN 1-55540-799-4)
- 1998 Why ask my name?: Anonymity and identity in biblical narrative (ISBN 0-19-509970-2)
- 2001 Befriending the beloved disciple: a Jewish reading of the gospel of John (ISBN 0-8264-1446-X), winner the 2003 F. W. Beare Award for Outstanding Book in Christian Origins, Canadian Society of Biblical Studies
- 2002 Jesus, Judaism, and Christian Anti-Judaism: Reading the New Testament After the Holocaust. Editor with Paula Fredriksen. (ISBN 978-0-664-22328-1)
- 2003 Scripture on the silver screen (ISBN 0-664-22359-1), a study of contemporary films that make use of the Bible,
- 2007 Jesus of Hollywood (ISBN 0-19-514696-4), about films featuring Jesus
- 2011 Caiaphas the High Priest (Studies on Personalities of the New Testament)
- "Associate Vice-President, Research". University of Ottawa. 2007-01-15. Archived from the original on 2007-09-09. Retrieved 2007-05-27.
- "JOHN 20. 30-31 AND THE PURPOSE OF THE FOURTH GOSPEL". McMaster University. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "McMaster University - Department of religious studies". McMaster University. Archived from the original on 14 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-24.
- Wilfrid Laurier University - Headlines
- "Journal of Biblical Literature". Society of Biblical Literature. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Society of biblical literature monograph series". Society of Biblical Literature. 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-27.
- "Adele Reinhartz's profile". Amazon.com. 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-05-27. Retrieved 2007-05-27.
- "Jesus, Judaism, and Christian Anti-Judaism: Reading the New Testament After the Holocaust". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2007-10-17.