|Born||1953 (age 69–70)|
|Doctoral advisor||E. P. Sanders|
Adele Reinhartz Christianity and Judaism in the Greco-Roman period, the Gospel of John, early Jewish–Christian relations, literary criticism including feminist literary criticism, feminist exegesis, and the impact of the Bible on popular cinema and television.(born 1953) is a Canadian academic and a specialist in the history and literature of
In 1975 Reinhartz received her Bachelor of Arts degree in religious studies from the University of Toronto, in 1977 her Master of Arts degree, and in 1983 her Doctor of Philosophy degree in religious studies from McMaster University.
Reinhartz joined the McMaster faculty in 1987. She was dean of graduate studies and research at Wilfrid Laurier University before being appointed associate vice-president, research, at University of Ottawa in 2005.
- 1992 The Word in the World: The Cosmological Tale in the Fourth Gospel (ISBN 1-55540-799-4)
- 1998 Why Ask My Name? Anonymity and Identity in Biblical Narrative (ISBN 0-19-509970-2)
- 2001 Befriending the Beloved Disciple: A Jewish Reading of the Gospel of John (ISBN 0-8264-1446-X), winner the 2003 F. W. Beare Award for Outstanding Book in Christian Origins, Canadian Society of Biblical Studies
- 2002 Jesus, Judaism, and Christian Anti-Judaism: Reading the New Testament After the Holocaust. Editor with Paula Fredriksen. (ISBN 978-0-664-22328-1)
- 2003 Scripture on the Silver Screen (ISBN 0-664-22359-1), a study of contemporary films that make use of the Bible,
- 2007 Jesus of Hollywood (ISBN 0-19-514696-4), about films featuring Jesus
- 2011 Caiaphas the High Priest (Studies on Personalities of the New Testament)
- "Associate Vice-President, Research". University of Ottawa. 15 January 2007. Archived from the original on 9 September 2007. Retrieved 27 May 2007.
- "JOHN 20. 30-31 AND THE PURPOSE OF THE FOURTH GOSPEL". McMaster University. Retrieved 23 February 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "McMaster University - Department of religious studies". McMaster University. Archived from the original on 14 August 2008. Retrieved 24 August 2008.
- "Reinhartz featured in Speaker Series | UNews". www.uleth.ca. Retrieved 29 January 2020.
- Frost, Tony (19 May 2005). "Headlines (Campus Updates)". Wilfrid Laurier University. Archived from the original on 13 May 2016. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- "Journal of Biblical Literature". Society of Biblical Literature. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Society of biblical literature monograph series". Society of Biblical Literature. 2007. Retrieved 27 May 2007.
- "Adele Reinhartz's profile". Amazon.com. 2007. Retrieved 27 May 2007.[dead link] Alt URL
- Fredriksen, Paula; Reinhartz, Adele (January 2002). Jesus, Judaism, and Christian Anti-Judaism: Reading the New Testament After the Holocaust. Westminster John Knox Press. ISBN 0664223281.