Adele of Valois
Jump to navigation Jump to search
She married firstly Herbert IV, Count of Vermandois, and they had:
- Philip, who became bishop of Châlons-sur-Marne
- Odo, who inherited possessions in Champagne (Troyes). He died in 1093, leaving the possessions to his brother Hugh.
- Hugh, who became the first to be called count of Champagne.
- Hawise, also known as Hawise of Guingamp, wife of Stephen, Count of Tréguier.
- Evergates, Theodore (2007). The Aristocracy in the Count of Champagne, 1100-1300. University of Pennsylvania Press.
- Bautier, Robert-Henri (1985). "Anne de Kiev, Reine de France, et la Politique Royale au XIe Siècle: Étude Critique de la Documentation". Revue des Études Slaves (in French). 57 (4): 539–564.