|Founder||Sheldon and Miriam Adelson|
|Focus||Healthcare, Holocaust and Anti-Semitism Awareness, Israel Advocacy and Defense, Israel Programs, Israel Studies on Campus, Jewish and Zionist Identity & Education, Media and Culture, Welfare|
|United States and Israel|
|Method||Donations and grants|
|Endowment||$143 million As of 2012[update]|
The foundation is divided into two branches, including the Adelson Family Foundation, which was established in 2007, and the Adelson Medical Research Foundation. The former works to strengthen the State of Israel and the Jewish people, while the latter focuses on healthcare.
Noteworthy donations of the organization include: $50 million to the Dr. Miriam and Sheldon G. Adelson Educational Campus, another $67 million in total was donated to their Medical Research Foundation, and $33 million to the Birthright Israel Foundation, and $13 million toward paying for the promotional trips to Israel that the nonprofit organizes for young Jewish people.
In addition, the couple pledged $3 million to Hebrew SeniorLife for housing facilities and a program to bring together older people and elementary-school students for education programs; $2 million to Gateways: Access to Jewish Education for programs for children with special needs; and $1 million to the Chelsea Jewish Foundation for specialized housing for patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and multiple sclerosis. Those pledges will be paid over five years, and since 2007, the Adelson Family Foundation has made contributions totalling $140 million to Birthright Israel, which finances Jewish youth trips to Israel.
The Adelson Foundation gives $200 million annually to Jewish and Israeli causes, the largest by far of any existing private foundation with that aim.
The foundation funds the Maccabee Task Force, which combats antisemitism on college and university campuses in the United States.
- "The Top Donors of 2012". The Chronicle of Philanthropy. Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "The Adelson Family Foundation - welcome". Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- "Adelson Medical Research Foundation main page". Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- Maria Di Mento (February 10, 2013). "No. 9: Sheldon and Miriam Adelson". Retrieved 29 September 2013.
- Benari, Elad (January 12, 2011). "Adelson Foundation Gives Taglit An Extra $5 Million Boost". Arutz Sheva. Retrieved December 5, 2011.
- "Billionaire launches pro-Israel campus task force". i24news. August 21, 2016. Retrieved August 23, 2016.