Adena Friedman at the US Department of the Treasury Women in Finance Symposium, July 12, 2011.
Adena Robinson Testa
1969 (age 49–50)
|Education||B.A. Williams College|
M.B.A. Vanderbilt University
|Occupation||CEO of NASDAQ|
|Parent(s)||Adena W. Testa|
Michael D. Testa
Adena T. Friedman (born 1969) is an American businessperson. She currently serves as the president and CEO of Nasdaq. She was formerly the managing director and CFO of The Carlyle Group. In May 2014, it was announced that Friedman would return to NASDAQ OMX as the president of global corporate and information technology solutions. In November 2016, she was named the CEO of NASDAQ.
Born Adena Robinson Testa and raised in metropolitan Baltimore, she is the daughter of Michael D. Testa, a managing director at T. Rowe Price, and Adena W. Testa, an attorney in the Baltimore law firm of Stewart, Plant & Blumenthal.
As of 2019, she is listed as the 16th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes. Friedman became CEO on January 1, 2017 of the Nasdaq  making her the first woman to lead a global exchange company. 
- "Adena Friedman".
- "Adena Friedman returns to Nasdaq". Reuters. May 12, 2014.
- New York Times: "Nasdaq Names a New Chief Executive: Adena Friedman" By Michael J. de la Merced November 14, 2016
- New York Times: "Weddings; Adena R. Testa, Michael Friedman" August 22, 1993
- "The World's 100 Most Powerful Women". Forbes. Forbes. Retrieved 24 August 2017.
- Osipovich, Alexander (February 3, 2017), Nasdaq’s New CEO Adena Friedman Has a Big Job: Reimagining the Stock Exchange, New York City: Wall Street Journal, retrieved January 4, 2017
- "Market Masters: Adena Friedman Begins her Tenure as CEO of Nasdaq. Looking to Emerging Technologies to Help Reshape World Financial Markets by Ryan Underwood". Vanderbilt Magazine. Spring 2017: 36.
- Alford Lake Camp: "Adena Testa Friedman" retrieved November 14, 2016
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|