|Kandyan dwarf toad|
Bufo kandianus Günther, 1872
As there had been no record of the species since 1872, it was listed as extinct by the IUCN. However, in June 2012 it was announced that almost three years earlier, in October 2009, the species was rediscovered in the Peak Wilderness Sanctuary in Sri Lanka. In light of the discovery, the species was reclassifed as critically endangered in the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.
- IUCN SSC Amphibian Specialist Group (2012). "Adenomus kandianus". IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2013.2. International Union for Conservation of Nature. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- Frost, Darrel R. (2016). "Adenomus kandianus (Günther, 1872)". Amphibian Species of the World: an Online Reference. Version 6.0. American Museum of Natural History. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- Meegaskumbura, Madhava; Senevirathne, Gayani; Wijayathilaka, Nayana; Jayawardena, Beneeta; Bandara, Champika; Manamendra-Arachchi, Kelum; Pethiyagoda, Rohan (2015). "The Sri Lankan torrent toads (Bufonidae: Adenominae: Adenomus): species boundaries assessed using multiple criteria". Zootaxa. 3911 (2): 245–261. doi:10.11646/zootaxa.3911.2.6.
- L. J. Mendis Wickramasinghe; Dulan Ranga Vidanapathirana & Nethu Wickramasinghe (2012). "Back from the dead: The world’s rarest toad Adenomus kandianus rediscovered in Sri Lanka" (PDF). Zootaxa. 3347: 63–68.
- Jeremy Hance (June 18, 2012). "Extinct toad rediscovered after hiding for 133 years in Sri Lanka". Mongabay.com. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Adenomus kandianus". Information on amphibian biology and conservation. Berkeley, California: AmphibiaWeb. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Sri Lankan Kandyan Dwarf Toad". Amphibian Survival Alliance. Archived from the original on 1 February 2014. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- Kelum Manamendra-Arachchi; Rohan Pethiyagoda (1998). "A synopsis of the Sri Lankan Bufonidae (Amphibia: Anura) with description of new species" (PDF). Journal of South Asian Natural History. 3: 213–248. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- Dutta, S. K. & Manamendra-Arachchi, K. (1996). The Amphibian Fauna of Sri Lanka (PDF). Colombo, Sri Lanka: WHT. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
|This Bufonidae article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|