Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Adhil is a lingua franca term from an Arabic phrase الذيل al-dhayl [að-ðáil] meaning "the train [of a garment]" (literally "the tail").
- There are two kind of the identification of Ptolemy's 21st and 22nd of Andromeda.
|Ptolemy||P - K||Manitius|
|# 21||49A And||46ξ And|
|# 22||52χ And||48ω And|
- "Naming Stars". IAU.org. Retrieved 18 June 2018.
- Peters, C. H. F. and Knobel, E., (1915) Ptolemy's Catalogue of Stars
- Manitius, K., (1912) Handbuch der Astronomie
Adhil is applied to Xi Andromedae from Manitius' identification of Ptolemy's 21st of Andromeda.