January 28, 1982 |
|Spouse(s)||Yaniv Adani (2009-Present)|
|Children||Lavi (2010), Ma'or (2012)|
|Parent(s)||Ze'ev Bielski & Caron Sacks|
When she was only 3 years old, Bielski took up dancing in a dance studio and during the following 15 years she danced ballet and modern dance in the studio’s group. She also took drama classes as a child and studied in the theatre program in High School.
Between 2004 through 2007 Bielski studied acting in "SELA – The Performing Arts Studio Founded by Yoram Loewenstein", one of Israel’s leading acting schools, located in Tel-Aviv. During school, she won an academic scholarship awarded by the "America-Israel Cultural Foundation", as well as other scholarships directly from the school.
In 2007, Bielski finished acting school and had already appeared in various theatre shows, such as Ray Cooney’s Hebrew translated "It Runs in the Family" (as Rosemary Mortimore), and played a guest role on a "Yes" (Satellite television provider) TV series.
In the beginning of 2008, as soon as she finished acting school, Bielski was offered to play in the one-woman show "An Israeli Love Story". The play was written and directed by Pnina Gary, and it is based on Gary’s own true life story.
In 2009, Bielski won the Israeli "Best Actress" Award in Fringe Theater for her multi-character role in "An Israeli Love Story".
On March 28, 2011, a special evening marked the celebrating of 250 shows of that play, which runs at Tel Aviv’s Cameri Theater. Attending that evening, was the Israeli Minister of Culture, Mrs Limor Livnat.
"An Israeli Love Story" was also performed in English at "The Leeds Jewish International Performing Arts Festival" in 2009, at London’s "New End Theatre" on May 18 to June 6, 2010, and at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa as well as Montreal, Toronto and Washington DC in September 2011. The show was also performed in the Harold Green Jewish Theatre in Toronto in 2014.
In 2012 Bielski played in "My Name is Yuda", a poetry theater show based on the poems of Yehuda Amichai. In the same year she won the Cyprus International Film Festival Best Actress award for her performance in the short film "Salt of the Earth".
In 2016 the film (in Hebrew) "Sipur Ahava Eretz-Israeli" ("An Israeli Love Story") was released, starring Bielski and directed by Dan Wolman, based on Pnina Gary's life's story and monodrama by the same name.
- 2008 - "Take Note" (as the "Lieutenant") - A Tel Aviv University student film, which appeared in the Israeli "International Women’s Film Festival".
- 2008 - "Turbulence" (as "Rona") - An interactive film, which won the Grand Festival Experimental Feature Award at the "Berkeley Video and Film festival" in 2010.
- 2011 - "Salt of the Earth" (as "Iris") - A Sapir Academic College short film, in the Israeli international "Cinema South Film Festival"; The "Cyprus International Film Festival" 2012.
- 2011 - "The Veteran" (as "Alayna Wallace").
- 2016 - "Sipur Ahava Eretz-Israeli" (as "Margalit Dromi").
In 2009, Bielski married the actor Yaniv Adani, with whom she has two sons one born in 2010, the other 2012.
- Class of 2007 at SELA official website
- Profile at SELA official website
- Alma and Ruth Archived September 29, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. at Beit Lessin Theatre official website
- The commercial at Maccabi official website
- "A Land of Israel Love Story" by Pincas Jawetz, July 28th 2011, SustainabiliTank
- An Israeli Love Story What's On at the New End Theatre
- An Israeli Love Story in Ottawa by Jennifer Mcintosh, August 24, 2011, Your Ottawa Region
- An Israeli Love Story Coming to Ottawa Sept. 7-8 by Sabine Gibbins, September 1, 2011, Ottawa South EMC
- A bounty of plays this month by Patrick Langston, September 4, 2011, The Ottawa Citizen
- Israeli play comes to Montreal September 6, 2011, Jewish Tribune
- Israeli Love Story – September 15 August 29, 2011, Shalom Canada
- ‘An Israeli Love Story’ – about love and Israel by Lisa Traiger, September 7, 2011, Washington Jewish Week
- About Love and Israel – An Israeli Love Story by Laura Cutler, September 9, 2011, American University website
- One woman production depicts epic ‘love story’ by Katie Castellano, Sep 20 2011, The Eagle
- An Israeli Love Story at Toronto Centre for the Arts website
- The Veteran at the Internet Movie Database
- Toby Kebbell at the Internet Movie Database
- "My Name is Yuda": The Poetry of Yehuda Amichai at Tzavta by Ayelet Dekel, May 15, 2012, at www.midnighteast.com.
- AWARDS - CYIFF 2012 (No. 15), at the 7th Cyprus International Film Festival website
- Sipur Ahava Eretz-Israeli at the Internet Movie Database
- Take Note at the Internet Movie Database
- Berkeley Video & Film Festival – 2010 Official Selections, at the festival’s official website
- Israeli film wins grand experimental award at Berkeley festival, at "Haaretz" official website
- "Salt of the Earth", at the Cyprus International Film Festival website
- Adi Bielski - Alayna Archived March 14, 2016, at the Wayback Machine. at "The Veteran" official website
- Class of 2008 at SELA official website
- Adi Bielski at the Internet Movie Database
- Love in troubled times, Yocheved Miriam Russo, The Jerusalem Post, April 2, 2010
- Theatre review: An Israeli Love Story @ New End Theatre, Franco Milazzo, Londonist, May 21, 2010
- An Israeli Love Story - New End Theatre, Indie London, 2010
- An Israeli Love Story - New End Theatre, Nina Caplan, Time Out London, May 24, 2010
- Adi Bielski at "Zohar Yakovson" website.
- Adi in the Studio, Adi Bielski modeling for the photographer Keren Rubin (2007) at d-spot.co.il.
- "Turbulence" - an Interactive Movie, Coming Soon to an iPad Near You, by David Zax, Fast Company, December 15, 2010 (includes a video segment, featuring Bielski, from the Israeli Channel 10 News with English subtitles).
- Adi Bielski as "Alayna Wallace" at the Revolver Entertainment Press Centre
- The Veteran - Adi Bielski shoots from the hip in new British movie at ethnicnow.com, April 8, 2011