Ardeshir "Adi" Ratan Bulsara
May 15, 1951 |
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin|
|Doctoral advisor||Ilya Prigogine|
|Known for||Nonlinear dynamics|
Ardeshir "Adi" Ratan Bulsara (born May 15, 1951) is a scientist in the area nonlinear dynamics. The 2007 International Conference on Applied Nonlinear Dynamics (ICAND), held in Kauai, Hawaii, was a festschrift held in his honor of his 55th birthday.
In 2004, Bulsara was elected to Fellow of the American Physical Society (APS) for "developing the statistical mechanics of noisy nonlinear dynamical oscillators especially in the theory, application and technology of stochastic resonance detectors." His festschrift in honor of his 55th birthday, which, for logistic reasons, was held when he was 56.
Books by Bulsara
- S. Baglio and A. Bulsara, (editors) Device Applications of Nonlinear Dynamics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2006, ISBN 3-540-33877-2
- A. Bulsara, Noise and Chaos in the RF SQUID, Office of Naval Research, 1992, ASIN B0006R2M5I
- A. Bulsara, Coupled Neural-Dendritic Processes: Cooperative Stochastic Effects and the Analysis of Spike Trains, Office of Naval Research, 1994, ASIN B0006R2O9C
- J. B. Kadtke and A. Bulsara, (editors) Applied Nonlinear Dynamics and Stochastic Systems Near the Millen[n]ium, 411, San Diego, CA, American Institute of Physics, Woodbury, N.Y., 1997, ISBN 1563967367
- Adi Ratan Bulsara, Entropy, Stability and Fluctuations in Lasing Systems, PhD Thesis, University of Texas at Austin, 1978
- "Public Records & Background Checks - USSearch.com". Retrieved 22 April 2015.[permanent dead link]
- Longhini. "ICAND 2007". Retrieved 22 April 2015.
- "APS Physics - GSNP - APS Fellowship". Retrieved 22 April 2015.
- Bulsara's APS award announcement
- Adi Bulsara at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Photo of Bulsara in a high school debate, 1966[permanent dead link]
- Bulsara's publications at SPAWAR
- Bulsara page
- Humorous tribute to Bulsara
- Article on Bulsara's research
- Reference to Bulsara's work in New Scientist
- Bulsara's Physics Today article[permanent dead link]
- Reference to Bulsara's thesis
- Bulsara's biography at Campion