|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|First release||Adibou (English: AJ's World of Discovery)|
|Latest release||Adibou et les Saisons Magiques (English: Adiboo and the Magic Seasons)|
Adibou (English: Adiboo) is an educational video gaming series first developed by Coktel Vision. The franchise expanded into comic books, music and television series (such as Adiboo Adventure (2009)). Titles in the series follow Adiboo, a young boy who teaches children about a variety of topics including nature, maths, and language. Most stories are set in the world of Celesta.
The series is divided into different categories based on target market: Adi for 10-14 year-olds, Adibou for 4-7 year-olds, and Adiboud'chou for 18 months-3 year-olds, and characters have different names in different regions. The name Adibou is derived from the French acronym ADI meaning Accompagnement Didacticiel Intelligent (English: Intelligent Accompaniment Tutorial). Adibou games were initially developed in ScummVM's "Gob" engine.
The series was created by Muriel Tramis, the first female French video game designer according to la Croix. The games were designed specifically to be applicable within a classroom context. In October 2005, Coktel Vision was sold to French publisher Mindscape which itself closed in 2011. More than a dozen titles were published until 2009 when the series went dormant.
This list is far from complete; there were dozens of titles in the series, some more documented than others.
|Adibou et les Saisons Magiques (English: Adiboo and the Magical Seasons)||2009||Wii||Mindscape SA||Garden-themed minigames that teach children about plants, insects, and the seasons.|||
|Dis-moi ADI: Français - Maths CE2||2005||Macintosh, Windows||Coktel SAS||Lessons for children in maths and French.|||
|Adibou & Les Voleurs d'Energie (English: Adiboo and the Energy Thieves)||2004||PlayStation 2, Windows||Coktel Vision||Adiboo discovers that robots are stealing resources from Celesta to power a massive drill - he sets out to stop them. The game alternates between the 3D third-person hub world of Adiboo's home, platforming, vehicle chase sequences, and boss battles. There are also several minigames in the hub world. Gameplay is simple and Adiboo frequently breaks the fourth wall to inform and assist the player.|||
|Adibou & Le Secret de Paziral (English: Adiboo & Paziral's Secret)||2003||PlayStation, Windows||Vivendi Universal Games, Neko Entertainment, Coktel Vision||3D action adventure in which Adiboo must save the people of Tonies Island from the evil Paziral. Varied gameplay including racing and platforming.|||
|Adibou Présente la Magie||2000||Macintosh, Windows||Coktel Vision||Minigames for children including rock paper scissors and lessons in magic tricks.|||
|Adiboo: Discover Mazes, Numbers & Puzzles||2000||Macintosh, Windows||Knowledge Adventure||Minigames about maths and puzzle-solving.|||
|Adiboo: Discover Nature, Animals & Planets||2000||Macintosh, Windows||Knowledge Adventure||Minigames about nature, animals, and planets.|||
|Adiboo: Discover Music, Melody & Rhyme||2000||Macintosh, Windows||Knowledge Adventure||Minigames about music.|||
|Adiboo: Magical Playland||1996||Windows||Coktel Vision||Teaching lessons in reading and singing, Adiboo fights an evil "monster-blob".|||
|Adibou (English: AJ's World of Discovery)||1991||Atari ST, DOS||Coktel Vision||Minigames for children including jigsaw puzzles, maths lessons, English lessons, racing, and drawing.|||
Referring to AJ's World of Discovery, Feibel felt there were better run and jump games available  whereas Jeuxvideo argued that Adibou games were a good option for children but were too short. The Argus praised the series for its music but criticised its "daft" title. PC Mag praised Adiboo: Discover Nature, Animals & Planets for offering educational content and "hours of entertainment".
- "Adiboo Adventure". Tvtime.com. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "Adi Series". Mobygames.com. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "Gobsmacked". drmccoy.de. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "ScummVM". scummvm.org. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "Muriel Tramis, créatrice d'Adibou, va recevoir la Légion d'honneur | La Croix directionnelle". actualite-jeu-video.blogs.la-croix.com. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- "Adibou". obligement.free.fr. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- Poischich (21 October 2005). "VU Games cède Coktel à Mindscape" [VU Games sells Coktel to Mindscape]. Gamekult [fr] (in French). Archived from the original on 22 July 2018. Retrieved 22 July 2018.
- Crookes, David (28 December 2018). "From the Archives: Coktel Vision". Retro Gamer. No. 189. Future Publishing. pp. 44–47.
- Choppin, Damien (2018-10-25). "On vous présente Muriel Tramis, pionnière du jeu vidéo et première femme du secteur à recevoir la Légion d'honneur". Business Insider France (in French). Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- "Adibou et les Saisons Magiques". Mobygames.com. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "Dis-moi ADI: Français - Maths CE2". Mobygames.com. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "Adiboo and the Energy Thieves". pc.gamespy.com. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "Adiboo & Paziral's Secret". Mobygames.com. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "ADIBOU présente la Magie". Mobygames.com. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "Adiboo: Discover Mazes, Numbers & Puzzles". Artsandculture.google.com. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "Adiboo: Discover Nature, Animals & Planets". Artsandculture.google.com. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "Adiboo: Discover Music, Melody & Rhyme". Artsandculture.google.com. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "Adiboo: Magical Playland". Giantbomb.com. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "A.J.'s World of Discovery". Mobygames.com. Retrieved 2020-05-22.
- "Alle Spiele - Adiboo & das Geheimis von Paziral". feibel.3q.de. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- "Test du jeu Adibou et le Secret de Paziral sur PS1". Jeuxvideo.com (in French). Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- "Review: Take note of Adiboo | The Argus". www.theargus.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-09-03.
- Inc, Ziff Davis (2001-03-20). PC Mag. Ziff Davis, Inc.
- "Adiboo: I can read, I can count! - PC & Macintosh Review - Coming Soon Magazine". www.csoon.com. Retrieved 2019-09-03.