Adidas Copa Mundial
The Copa Mundial (Spanish for World Cup) football boot was released in 1979. They were designed for the 1982 FIFA World Cup held in Spain. Going through very slight changes since then, the Copa is made in Scheinfeld, near Frankfurt in Germany. It has a kangaroo leather upper. Additional leather supports are provided from the heel, which are intended to improve durability and stability. Since 2001 it has been the world's best-selling football boot. Many superb sportsmen have worn them troughout the years. It has been used by the likes of Zinedine Zidane, Diego Maradona, Pele and Franz Beckenbauer.
Variations to the boot include the Adidas World Cup, which has screw-in studs for soft ground as well as indoor and artificial turf versions.
In 2007, Adidas released a 25 29th anniversary package for the Copa, including a box with anniversary artwork, a wooden shoe trees, leather polish, a key chain, a postcard with Die deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft from 1982 and a cloth. The boot was also slightly varied with the "Copa Mundial" on the side in gold rather than silver letters and tweaks to the tongue and heel collar echoing the 1982 original.
On 30 September 2013 adidas released their first colour variation on the Copa Mundial with a white version. An inversion on the palette used since 1982, the white Copa Mundial retained the same soft kangaroo leather upper, reinforced heel panel and twelve-stud outsole design. The only difference is in the reversal of colors, now with a white upper and black stripes. In addition to the White Copa Mundial, adidas also released a 'Samba Pack' of five colors matching the colors of the four major adidas silos with the F50 represented twice because of its two Samba colorways.
|This section does not cite any references (sources). (December 2011)|
Players to have worn the boot include:
Rugby union players to have worn the boot include: §
- Bulwa, Demian (2007-07-24). "CALIFORNIA Soccer shoes of kangaroo hide booted". San Francisco Chronicle. Archived from the original on 2008-07-13. Retrieved 2008-06-13.
- "adidas Copa Mundial Goes White". Soccer.com. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "WHITE COPA MUNDIAL - ADIDAS' CLASSIC FOOTBALL BOOT GOES WHITE". Footy-Boots.com. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- "adidas Copa Mundial Gets a Samba Color Up". SoccerPro.com. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Soccer Cleats". Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- Vujovic, Joshua. "Adidas Copa Mundial Review". Soccer Reviews For You. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
|This shoe-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|