Adidas Originals logo
|Industry||Casual clothing and accessories|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Adidas Originals (often stylized as "adidas Originals") is a line of casual sports clothing, the heritage line of German sportswear brand Adidas specializing in shoes, shirts, coats, bags, sunglasses and other accessories.
The clothing and the accessories are under the categories Superstar, Adicolor among others, they are designed under the Adidas company. There was also a collection named "Originals Denim" by Diesel a concept being trialled in New York and Berlin.
The brand uses the famous Trefoil logo, which was originally used on all adidas products until the company decided in 1997 that the trefoil logo would thereafter only be used on heritage products, and was replaced on other products by the Performance logo, which has previously been used on the "Equipment" range of products since 1991. Adidas Originals covers sports fashion styles with strong references to the decades between the 1940s to 1980s. The brand has a distinctively retro old school feel.
An extensive campaign was launched in 2008 to promote the label.
Adidas Originals Worldwide
There are many adidas Originals Concept Stores around the world (Europe, South America, North America, Asia and Oceania). Adidas had plans to roll out more stores in 2008.In addition in United Kingdom some Adidas stores are located inside of JD Sports stores.
In 2001, a large scale advertising campaign was launched. "
The background music is Beggin', a re-edit by Pilooski of the Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons song.
In the same adidas campaign was a Poker game video, the song was believed to be another version of Beggin, however it was not and was in fact an original song made specifically for the video by Boogie Studio, located in Montreal. The song can be found on their blog.
Separate to the house party campaign, adidas also launched the All Day I Dream About Sneakers campaign in late 2008. The campaign was an adidas Originals art project that included the creation of nine unique sneaker sculptures and a fictional story of an avant-garde adidas designer.
In 2010, another adidas Originals commercial was made. The song was 'Why Can't There Be Love' by Dee Edwards, remastered by Gilles Peterson.
"All Originals Represent" was introduced in 2012 featuring brand ambassadors Nicki Minaj, Jeremy Scott, Big Sean, 2NE1, and Derrick Rose. It focuses on the creative spirit specific to unique cities around the globe.
- http://www.press.adidas.com/en/ Retrieved 7 June 2008
- http://www.fashiontrendsetter.com/content/fashion_events/2008/Adidas-Denim-by-Diesel-in-store-event-p1.html Retrieved 7 June 2008
- http://www.jdsports.co.uk/whatsnew.aspx?id=5508 Retrieved 7 June 2008
- http://www.press.adidas.com/en/DesktopDefault.aspx/tabid-4/79_read-8621/ Archived 1 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Adidas Originals - Extended House Party Film". http://www.adidas.com. Adidas. 25 February 2009. Archived from the original on 18 March 2009. Retrieved 20 March 2009. External link in
- "Jessica and Jay Park rock cool rainbow colors for Adidas campaign | allkpop.com". www.allkpop.com. Retrieved 2016-04-29.