Adil Khan (footballer)
|Full name||Adil Ahmed Khan|
|Date of birth||7 July 1988|
|Place of birth||Verna,Goa, India|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back/Defensive midfielder|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3:20, 15 November 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 21:10, 19 November 2019 (UTC)
Adil Ahmed Khan (born 7 July 1988) is an Indian professional footballer who currently plays for both Indian club Hyderabad and the India national football team as a defensive midfielder / center back.
A product of the Sesa Football Academy, Adil Khan started his football career in SESA in 2003 where he played for 5 years before moving to Sporting Clube de Goa in 2008. He would spend 5 years at Sporting, playing for them in various positions, primarily in full back and centre midfield, first in the I-League 2nd Division and later in the I-League for 5 years and scoring 12 goals.
Khan signed for century-old Kolkata-based club Mohun Bagan on a one-year deal for the 2013-14 I-League season. He made his debut for Bagan in the I-League on 22 October 2013 against Bengaluru FC at the Bangalore Football Stadium as Bagan drew the match 1-1. He would go on to make only 6 more appearances and was used primarily as a squad player.
He joined the newly formed I-League team Bharat FC for the 2014-15 I-League season but prior to the season beginning, endured a season-ending injury. Initially, he chose not to have an operation but the result was missing out on the entire season where his team finished last and was later disbanded. He would eventually undergo surgery in the off-season.
After recovering from the injury he sustained while with Bharat FC, Khan signed with I-League 2nd Division side Lonestar Kashmir on a 3-month deal to play in the 2015-16 I-League 2nd Division season. He would feature for his team in the group stage and later in the final round but could only help his team finish 6th and last in the final round after qualifying form the group.
Adil Khan signed for newly re-instated Churchill Brothers for the 2016-17 I-League season. He re-invented himself as a centre back and appeared 18 times for Churchill in a fairly successful season as a starting centre back as his team finished 6th.
For 2017–18 Indian Super League season he is signed by FC Pune City .
Khan made his senior international debut against Azerbaijan for India on 27 February 2012. He Scored the Only Goal for India in 1-1 draw against Bangladesh in the 2022 World Cup Qualifiers, at Saltlake Stadium
- Scores and results list India's goal tally first.
|1.||15 October 2019||Salt Lake Stadium, Kolkata, India||Bangladesh||1–1||1–1||2022 FIFA World Cup qualification|
- "Wearing the national team jersey again will be a proud moment for me-Adil Khan". 30 January 2017.
- "Bengaluru vs. Mohun Bagan 1-1". Soccerway. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- "India - A. Khan - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Soccerway". int.soccerway.com.
- "Bharat FC sign six players from Indian Super League | Goal.com". www.goal.com.
- "Adil Khan completes remarkable comeback, signs one year deal with Dempo SC". Goal.com. 5 July 2016. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- Subrahmanyam, V. V. "Hyderabad FC launches jersey ahead of ISL 2019-20". Sportstar.
- "Adil Khan: Games". National Football Teams. Retrieved 22 November 2013.