This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Total||35.5 km2 (13.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||264 m (866 ft)|
|• Rank||9th (in state)|
|• Density||3,300/km2 (8,500/sq mi)|
|• Official||Telugu, Urdu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Adilabad|
Adilabad, a municipality, and the headquarters of Adilabad district, is a city in Adilabad district of the Indian state of Telangana. Telugu, Marathi and Urdu are the native languages of Adilabad. Adilabad's another name is white gold, here is the biggest cotton market.
Adilabad was ruled by many dynasties like the Kakatiyas, Mauryas, Satavahanas, Chalukyas, Qutub Shahis & Asaf Jahis. Adilabad derives its name from the erstwhile ruler of Bijapur, Yusuf Adil Shah. Major local cultures include Telugu and Marathi. The original name of Adilabad was Edlabad during the rule of Qutub Shahis.
Telugu is the most spoken language in Adilabad (45 % as mother tongue). Due to geographical proximity with Maharashtra, Marathi is also widely spoken and understood (12.5 % as mother tongue). Other languages spoken here are Urdu (34 % as mother tongue) and Gondi. 
Adilabad has an average elevation of 264 metres (866 feet). Kuntala Waterfall, Sahyadri mountains, rivers like the Godavari, Painganga, Pranhita, etc. The district shares its boundaries with Nizamabad and Karimnagar districts of Telangana to the south, Asifabad district on the east and with Nanded, Yavatmal and Chandrapur districts of Maharashtra on the West and North respectively. Adilabad is called as the 'Gateway to South India' as it is the first town through which one passes upon entering Telangana from Maharashtra.
As of 2011[update] India census, Adilabad had a population of 117,167. Males constitute 59,448, females are 57,719 and 12,993 of the population are under the age group of 0–6 years. It has an average literacy rate of 43.45% with 45,259 literates. The urban agglomeration population of the city stands at 139383. It includes the population figures of its constituent census town, Dasnapur as 22,216.
- Kuntala Waterfall
- Pochera Falls
- Kawal Wildlife Sanctuary
- Shivaram Wildlife Sanctuary
- Kerameri Ghat roads
- Jainath laxminarayana swamy Temple
- Adilabad harithavanam(1000acre park with mesmerising Nature, jungle safari, cyclyling,boating etc(pride to Adilabad city)
- Sirichelma shivalayam(temple of lord Shiva in middle of the lake)
- Kanakai waterfalls
- Gayatri waterfalls
- "Basic Information of Municipality". Adilabad Municipality. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "District Census Handbook – Adilabad" (PDF). Census of India. p. 14,38. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "District Codes". Government of Telangana Transport Department. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
- "Hyderabad State".
- "Language and mother tongues:Town Level data". Census India.
- "Adilabad City Population Census 2011 – Andhra Pradesh".
- "MUE/Mudkhed Junction (4 PFs)". indiarailinfo. Retrieved 3 June 2018.