|Aditya Narayan Jha|
Aditya Narayan Jha|
6 August 1987
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Occupation||Television Anchor, playback singer, actor.|
|Parent(s)||Udit Narayan (father)|
Aditya Narayan belongs from a Maithil Brahmin family from Saptari district of Nepal and his father is the singer Udit Narayan. Aditya was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He comes from a musical family where his father, playback singer Udit Narayan, his mother Deepa Narayan, his grandfather Hari Krishna Jha and his grandmother Bhuvaneshwari Jha are all musically inclined. Aditya was born at Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai and he is still a resident of Mumbai. Narayan completed his schooling at Utpal Shanghvi school in 2003. He passed his junior college at Mitthibai College of Commerce.
Aditya Narayan began his career as a singer at a very young age: he was discovered by Kalyanji Virji Shah when he sang at his 4th birthday celebration. He started training under Kalyanji and did concerts called Little Wonders, a show where children displayed their talent in various forms of art. He went on to perform at more than 300 Little Wonders concerts.
His acting career as a child began when Narayan was spotted by producer and director Subhash Ghai at the 1995 Filmfare Award function, as the final performer for the "Little Wonders" troupe. Ghai then signed him for his forthcoming film Pardes, starring Shah Rukh Khan and Mahima Chaudhary. His second film was Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai starring Salman Khan and Twinkle Khanna. Narayan's role as Kabir Dhanrajgir earned him a Best Supporting Actor nomination at the 1999 Zee Cine Awards.
As a child artist, Narayan performed more than 100 songs and also released the album Aditya at Polygram Music (now Universal Music). His most successful song was "Chhota Baccha Jaan Ke" from the film Masoom in 1996. It also earned him his first major film award, the Screen Awards critics' Best Child Singer in 1997. He also received a special jury award at the Screen Awards as best child singer for the same song.
In 2006 he completed a diploma in English contemporary music at Tech Music Schools, in London. On his return to India, he was called to audition for Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007, and he became the anchor for that show. In April/May 2008 he toured North America and the West Indies, giving concerts together with his father, Udit Narayan.
In 2009 Narayan signed his first film as lead actor, Shaapit, directed by Vikram Bhatt, which was released worldwide on 19 March 2010. He sang four songs and also wrote and composed the title track for the film, Shaapit Hua.
In early 2012, Narayan joined Sanjay Leela Bhansali as an assistant director for the producer/director's next directorial venture, Ram Leela. He also performed two songs for the film, "Tattad Tattad", which was originally supposed to be rendered by his father Udit Narayan, and "Ishqaun Dhishqyaun". Both the music and the movie received a positive response from critics and audiences alike.
Narayan released his second Hindi single on his birthday, 6 August titled "Tera Ishq Jee Paaun", starring Yoshika Verma, composed by Arijit Chakraborty and written by Manoj Yadav under the music label T-Series which garnered more than a million views on YouTube.
Narayan's first commercially successful single was released in December. Titled "Zindagi", the video starred Evgeniia Belousova and had music composed by Harshit Chauhan and written by Prashant Ingole under the music label T-Series. The song currently has over 4 million views on YouTube.
In 2016, Narayan was back as host for SaReGaMaPa. The grand finale garnered record breaking TRP's and Narayan beat his own record of the most watched Grand Finale back when he was hosting Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2009.
In March, Narayan released his fourth single titled "Mohabbat", composed and written by himself under the music label T-Series. It was the first music video to not to feature him in it and also the first single to be composed and written by Narayan. Both the song and music video under performed.
In August, Narayan released his fifth single titled "Behka Behka", composed and written by himself under the music label T-Series. It was the first music video in India to be shot entirely in reverse and flipped backwards and also the first music video to feature his band, Aditya Narayan & The A Team. The song and music video garnered a decent response with over a million hits on YouTube.
In December, Narayan released his sixth single titled "Yaara", starring Evgeniia Belousova, composed by Aditya Narayan and written by Prashant Ingole under the music label T-Series. It is his most commercially successful single till date, garnering over 5 million views on YouTube.
Narayan has sung in more than 16 Indian languages.
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs 2009
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2009
- X Factor India 2011
- Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L'il Champs 2014-2017
As an actor
|2010||Shaapit||Aman Bharadwaj||Debt Film|
|1998||Jab Pyaar Kisise Hota Hai||Kabir Dhanrajgir||Child Actor|
As a playback singer
|2015||Carry On Jatta||"Carry On Jatta - Title Track"||Shail-Pritesh|
|2013||Ram Leela||"Ishqyaun Dhishqyaun"
|Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|2010||Shaapit||"Kabhi Na Kabhi To Miloge - Rock"
"Chaahata Dil Tumko"
"Kabhi Na Kabhi To Miloge"
"Shaapit Hua Kya Kya Hota Hain"
|2009||Chal Chalein||"Chal Chal Chal Ke"
|2001||Aashirbad||"Pani Ghatta"||Nepali film|
|2000||Papa the Great||"Papa the Great"||Nikhil Vinay|
|Raja Ko Rani Se Pyar Ho Gaya||"Sun Lo Re Bandhu"||Jatin Lalit|
|1999||Hum Saath-Saath Hain: We Stand United||Raam Laxman|
|Taal||"Kahin Aag Lage"||A. R. Rahman|
|Biwi No.1||"Mujhe Maaf Karna"||Anu Malik|
|1998||Pardesi Babu||"Hai Nazuk Nazuk Halki"||Anand Raj Anand|
|Chachi 420||"Chupdi Chachi"||Vishal Bhardwaj|
|Aakrosh: Cyclone of Anger||Anand Raj Anand|
|2001: Do Hazaar Ek||"Rappa Rappa Rum Pum"||Anand Raj Anand|
"Khul Gaya Naseeb"
|Anand Raj Anand|
|Pardes||"I Love My India"||Nadeem-Shravan|
|1996||Diljale||"Mera Mulk, Mera Desh"||Anu Malik|
|Shastra||"Ladki Deewani Ladka Deewana"||Aadesh Shrivastava|
|Masoom (1996 film)||"Chota Bachcha Jaan Ke"||Anand Raj Anand|
|1995||Rangeela||"Rangeela Re"||A.R. Rahman|
|Akele Hum Akele Tum||"Akele Hum Akele Tum"||Anu Malik|
As a music director
|2010||Shaapit||"Shaapit Hua Kya Kya Hota Hain"|
- 1997 - Screen Awards - Special Jury Award for his song "Chhota Baccha Jaan Ke" from the film Masoom(1996 film).
- 2008 - Glamour Star of the Year
- 2007 - The Global Indian Film and Television Honours|The Global Indian TV Honours 2008: Fresh Face of The Year (Male)
- 2007 - Indian Television Academy Awards: Star of the Year
- 2007 - Sansui Television Awards: Face Of The Year
- 2007 - New Talent Awards- Best New Anchor
- 2007 - Lions Clubs International|Lions Gold Awards]]: Best Anchor of a Television Program
- 2007 - Cinegoer's Award: Best Anchor of a Television Program
- 2007 - Kalakar Awards Best Anchor of a Television Program
- 2016 - Zee Rishtey Award: Best Television Anchor
- 2017 - Zee Gold Award: Best Television Anchor
- 2017 - Zee Rishtey Award: Best Television Anchor
- 2018 - Dadasaheb Phalke Film Foundation Award: Best Television Anchor
- "Singer Aditya Narayan loves Antakshari". myantakshari.com. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 2013-11-04.
- "Success Stories". Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Universal Music signs Aditya Narayan; to launch debut album". Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 9 February 2015. Retrieved 2015-01-29.
- "Aditya Narayan, Gagan Grewal - BBC Asian Network". Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "OZEE Watch Movies, Shows, Music and Gossip videos Online". Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "saregamapashow.com - saregamapashow Resources and Information". Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "X Factor India – X Factor India on Sony TV – Musical Reality Show X Factor India Launched on May 29 - TV Series and New TV Shows of All TV Channels". Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Nissan SaReGaMaPa Li'l Champs 5: OZEE Show - Watch Nissan SaReGaMaPa Li'l Champs 5 TV Serial latest Episodes and Videos Online at OZEE.COM () Zee TV - English". Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "Aditya Narayan Biography". Planetradiocity.com. 1987-08-06. Retrieved 2012-07-19.
- Suruchi Sharma (2010-03-10). "I am still single says Aditya Narayan - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2012-07-19.