Aditya Raj Kapoor
|Aditya Raj Kapoor|
1 July 1956|
Bombay, Bombay State, India
Shammi Kapoor (father)|
Geeta Bali (mother)
|Relatives||See Kapoor family|
Aditya Raj Kapoor (born 1 July 1956) is an Indian film actor and filmmaker from the Kapoor family. He is the son of late actor Shammi Kapoor and actress Geeta Bali. Kapoor is best known for his work as an assistant director in several Hindi films and his English language directorial films like Shamaal, Don't Stop Dreaming (2007) and Sambar Salsa (2007). His company has developed amusement parks in Mumbai and Delhi.
Aditya Raj is the member of well known Kapoor family of Indian film industry. He was born to actor Shammi Kapoor and Geeta Bali. He was a child actor in the film Jabse Tumhe Dekha Hai. He is the grandson of actor Prithviraj Kapoor, cousin of actors Rishi Kapoor and Randhir Kapoor and Rajiv Kapoor. He is uncle of actors Ranbir Kapoor Karishma Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor. Aditya Raj Kapoor is married to Priti Kapoor and has two children.
After finishing his school education, Kapoor started his professional career as an assistant director with his uncle Raj Kapoor for the 1973 romantic film Bobby and thereafter he worked as assistant director in films like Satyam Shivam Sundaram (1978), Geraftaar (1985), Saajan (1991), Dil Tera Aashiq (1993), Papi Gudia (1996) and Aarzoo (1999). After a hiatus from Bollywood, Kapoor made a comeback as writer and director of Don't Stop Dreaming and Sambar Salsa (both 2007).
Kapoor's first important role as an actor came with Jagmohan Mundhra's Chase (2010). Previously he had appeared in minor roles in Satyam Shivam Sundaram - where he was Shashi Kapoor's body double and Dil Tera Aashiq. Following Chase he played the role of a businessman who falls in love with a prostitute in Mumbai 118. Kapoor also starred in Diwangi Ne Had Kar Di (2010), Isi Life Mein (2010), Say Yes to Love (2012) and Yamla Pagla Deewana 2 (2011). In 2014 he participated in the bike-ride India Hai that covered several Indian states, Nepal and Bhutan. In the same year Kapoor appeared in the Ashutosh Gowariker-directed television series Everest. He also owns a truck and warehouse business. His construction company has developed the amusements parks Fantasy Land in Mumbai and Appu Ghar in Delhi.
- Parande, Shweta (4 May 2010). "Acting is in my genes: Aditya Raj Kapoor". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- Singh, Manmohan (3 November 2014). "Aditya Raj Kapoor: My relations with Shammiji were broken". The Times of India. Ranchi: The Times Group. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Remember him through his movies: Shammi Kapoor's son". CNN-IBN. 14 August 2011. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- Indo-Asian News Service (14 August 2011). "Father was a lively person: Aditya Raj Kapoor". Mumbai: CNN-IBN. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- Indo-Asian News Service (14 April 2010). "'2010 is revival year for Kapoor family'". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- Indo-Asian News Service (29 April 2013). "Ranbir is very special for the Kapoor family, says Shammi Kapoor's son". NDTV. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "I looked lecherous". DNA Syndication. 4 November 2010. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- Mona (26 November 2011). "A long talent sheet…". The Tribune. Chandigarh, Punjab. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "Finally, Aditya". The Hindu. The Hindu Group. 27 November 2008. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Finally, Bollywood". The Hindu. The Hindu Group. 25 November 2008. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Chase in trouble". Mid Day. 13 April 2009. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "There's a new Kapoor in Bollywood". The Times of India. The Times Group. 28 August 2008. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Shammi Kapoor's son is ready to rumble!". Rediff.com. 30 April 2010. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Isi Life Mein". The Times of India. The Times Group. 17 November 2010. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Movie Reviews: Say Yes To Love". The Times of India. The Times Group. 16 March 2012. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- Trivedi, Tanvi (5 December 2014). "Aditya Raj Kapoor to climb Everest". The Times of India. The Times Group. Retrieved 11 December 2014.
- "Kapoor 5.0". Ahmedabad Mirror. Ahmedabad: The Times Group. 15 May 2011. Retrieved 11 December 2014.