|Directed by||I.V. Sasi|
|Produced by||Casino Films|
|Written by||M. T. Vasudevan Nair|
|Edited by||K. Narayanan|
|Distributed by||Century Films|
Adiyozhukkukal (Malayalam: അടിയൊഴുക്കുകള് (Undercurrents)) is a 1984 Malayalam drama film directed by I. V. Sasi and written by M. T. Vasudevan Nair; starring Mammootty, Mohanlal, Seema, Balan K. Nair, Vincent and Rahman in the main roles. The film was produced by Kochumon under the banner of Casino and was distributed by Century Films.
Mammootty received the Kerala State Film Award for Best Actor for his performance as Karunan, and Jayanan Vincent won the award for Best Cinematography. The film was critically and economically a success. Later it was remade Tamil as Vanna Kanavugal, in which Karthik, Murali & Jayashree replace the roles played by Mammootty, Mohanlal & Seema respectively.
Karunan (Mammootty) is an arrogant fisherman back from jail after 5 years. Upon arriving back at his coastal village, he finds much has changed. Chandran (Rahman), his trusted Lieutenant, who is more like a younger brother is now a worker at the nearby toddy shop. Chandran again joins him and helps Karunan in setting up his life. Karunan is shocked to see that Madhavi(Menaka), whom he loved once is now married to Kumaran (Vincent), for whom he had to go to jail. Kumaran ditched Karunan and within a short time, he himself has emerged as a rich man in the locality. Karunan decides to avenge Kumaran, but is attacked severely at night by his goons. Karunan is saved by Gopi (Mohanlal), a jobless young man who accidentally witnesses the incident. Gopi becomes a good friend of Karunan and starts staying with him and Chandran. In the meantime Devayani (Seema) a young woman, also joins them due to unexpected situations. The unpleasant incidents happening in each of their lives and Karunan's fight against Kumaran forms the rest of the story.
- Cinematography: Jayanan Vincent
- Editing: K. Narayanan
- Makeup: M. O. Devassya
- Costumes: M. M. Kumar
- Stunts: Thyagaragan
- Advertisement: P. N. Menon
- Processing: Vijaya Colour Lab
- Stills: Ansari
- Associate Director: Jomon
- Assistant Director: Anil Kumar
- Co-producers: Mammootty, Mohanlal, I. V. Sasi, Seema
- Mammootty won the 1984 Kerala State Film Award for Best Actor and Filmfare Award.
- Jayanan Vincent won the 1984 Kerala State Film Award for Best Photography.
- "Adiyozhukkukal". www.malayalachalachithram.com. Retrieved 2014-10-20.
- "Adiyozhukkukal". malayalasangeetham.info. Retrieved 2014-10-20.
- "Adiyozhukkukal". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 2014-10-20.
- "10 Mammootty films to watch before you die". Times of India. 24 May 2016.
- "Team of 48". Rediff.com. 1 September 1998.