|Sub-region||West Nile sub-region|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Adjumani is in Adjumani District in West Nile sub-region, approximately 210 kilometres (130 mi), by road, northeast of Arua, the largest city in the sub-region.  This location lies approximately 460 kilometres (290 mi), north-northwest of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. The coordinates of the town are:3°22'38.0"N, 31°47'26.0"E (Latitude:3.377222; Longitude:31.790556).
The 2002 national population census estimated the population of Adjumani at about 19,900. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 32,600. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Adjumani at 34,700. In August 2014, the national population census put Mbarara's population at 43,022.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within town or clse to its borders:
- The headquarters of Adjumani District
- The offices of Adjumani Town Council
- Adjumani Hospital - A 100 bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- A branch of Stanbic Bank
- A branch of Equity Bank
- Adjumani Airport - ICAO:HUAJ - Unpaved runway, 1,131 metres (3,711 ft) long, 20 metres (66 ft) wide.
- UBOS, . (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Arua And Adjumani With Interactive Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Adjumani With Route Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- Google (3 July 2015). "Location of Adjumani At Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
- UBOS, . (2012). "Estimated Population of Adjumani in 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Technical Data About Adjumani Airport". Gc.kls2.com. Retrieved 22 February 2015.