Adjusters International, formed in 1985, is a public adjusting and disaster recovery company, who assists clients with financial recovery from insurance claims and U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) grants. The company's headquarters is in Utica, New York. It has more than 40 regional offices across the United States.
Public insurance adjusters represent clients for a small percentage of the resulting settlement money from the insurance claim. Adjusters mostly represent clients who have been victim to property damage or loss. Most cases involve natural disasters including: fires, floods, hurricanes, ice damage, and earthquakes.
Adjusters International publishes and distributes two publications – Disaster Recovery Today and Adjusting Today These publications are free of charge and provide detailed, technical information on disaster recovery topics and insurance claim issues.
- Disaster Recovery Today Covers FEMA grant management strategies, and offers comprehensive guides to acquiring and retaining federal funding clients may need to rebuild.
- Adjusting Today provides insight into the property damage recovery process, focusing on case law and policy language to explain the intricacies of the claims process in various industries.
- Mahoney, Mark (November 20, 2012). "New York State Bar Association Hosts Webcast for 2,000 Attorneys on How to Assist Superstorm Sandy Victims". readMedia.
- Marquand, Barbara (November 8, 2012). "Buying instead of rebuilding after disaster". Insure.com. NASDAQ.
- Mosser, Mike (October 26, 2012). "Fiscal planning key to hurricane season survival". Consumer Insurance Guide. Archived from the original on November 22, 2012.
- Hamilton, Jesse (September 2, 2011). "Hurricane Irene Damage Forces FEMA to Re-certify Claim Adjusters". Bloomberg.
- Raab, Greg (September 1, 2011). "Navigating Insurance Claims in a Higher Education Facility". University Business.
- Morton, Jason (August 9, 2011). "Insurance companies plan 'call night' for tornado claims". TuscaloosaNews.com.
- "Pasquale 'Pat' Cuccaro: Before next storm hits, review insurance plans; consider connecting with public adjuster". TCPalm. August 7, 2011.
- Schramm, Jill (July 28, 2011). "Committee supports consultants, reviving mobile-home parks". MinotDailyNews.com.
- "The Greenspan Co./Adjusters International Named Company of the Year". ClaimsJournal.com. Insurance Journal. November 24, 2010.
- "Well Adjusted: Masood Khan". United Policyholders Summer 2010 Newsletter. June 2010. Archived from the original on 2011-07-28.
- "Adjusters International Names National Sales Manager". Mohawk Valley Chamber of Commerce. July 29, 2009.
- Abell, Jeff (August 27, 2008). "Flood costs rise for Burlington". The Hawk Eye.[dead link]
- Lenckus, Dave (August 25, 2008). "FEMA critics say new policy not supported by regulation". Business Insurance.
- Newcomb, Timothy (June 18, 2008). "Deflt Square structure's fate in limbo". Lynden Tribune.[dead link]
- Lent, Elizabeth (August 2006). "On Your Side The Role of Public Insurance Adjusters". The Cooperator.
- Rubino, John (December 2002). "Turmoil after terrorism - How last year's attacks have scrambled an industry.". Virginia Business Online. Archived from the original on 2008-06-30.