||This article is written like a travel guide rather than an encyclopedic description of the subject. (June 2017)|
       "Best Amusement Park in Mumbai & Thane to Visit".</ref> The park has an estimated daily capacity of 15,000 visitors. To date, the park has hosted over 3.5 million visitors.
They have three parks: Theme Park, Water Park and Snow Park.
Rides at the Theme Park
They have different rides for different age groups. Guests can bump into the in-house characters of Tubbby – The Elephant, Roberto – The Star Chef, The Lost Astronaut, Mogambo of Mr. India fame and The Gingerbread Man while hopping from one ride to another.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2016)|
- Nitro The Nitro is a roller coaster, with a height of over 132 ft and track length of 2800 ft. The Nitro travels at 120kmph and visitors experience a G force rating of 3.8 Gs during the 150 seconds of this ride.
- Deep Space : This roller coaster ride is constructed inside a massive dome. The ride travels at 68.4 km/hr and reaches a maximum height of 57 feet (17.5 m)
- Gold Rush : The gold rush is a coaster ride. The coaster gets launched at an average speed of 65 km/hr
- Dare 2 Drop : Dare 2 Drop shoots riders up to a height of over 132 feet at 73kmph against gravity and drops down, at similar speeds. This motion gives the riders a sense of weightlessness for about a fraction of a second on the ride
- Scream Machine : This ride operates on a rotating pendulum which first gathers momentum by spinning, and then slowly starts to swing. This machine rotates and goes up at an angle of 70 degrees and climbs to a height of 142 ft
- I for India : The ‘I for India’ is an indoor ride on a 90-foot wide screen. The journey spans across 6182 miles, covering 59 monuments
- Mr. India : Mr. India is a ride based on the 1987 Bollywood film“Mr.India, starring Anil Kapoor. The ride in itself imitates the experience of other rides in the park like the Scream Machine, D2, Nitro, Salimgarh, Alibaba, and Rajasauras. The ride is operated by a pneumatic system powered by compressed air.
- Rajasaurus River Adventure : The ride begins with a voice-guided boat tour of various dinosaurs inside a vast enclosure that is styled with pre historic elements.
- Salimgarh : A slow moving coaster navigates the visitors through the ride letting them experience the story of the fictitious town of Salimgarh through frightening visuals and scary sound effects.
- The Detective Bow Wow Show : This is a live interactive comedy show.
- Alibaba aur Chalis Chorr : This ride is designed to give the visitors a feeling of being inside a video game. The theme of the ride is inspired by the classic story- Alibaba and the 40 thieves.
- Wrath of the Gods : This is an indoor attraction that blends live mechanical theatrics, special effects and multimedia.
- Prince of the Dark Waters – Cinema 360 : This is a movie experience that is screened on a 360° dome, spread across 3100 sq feet.
- Motion Box Theatre : Motion Box Theatre is a 4D cinema experience
- Mambo Chai Chama : Mambo Chai Chama, which means 'crazy tea party', is a classic tea-cup ride
- Splash Ahoy : This is pirate themed ride for the kids comprises many boats that are fitted with a water gun.
- Bump It Boats : This attraction is a water based version of the Bumping Cars.
- Save the Pirate : This is a kids’ ride based on the theme of pirates.
- Loch Ness Expplorers : This is a family ride themed around the mythical Loch Ness monster. It is a mini water coaster ride.
- Happy Wheelss : Happy Wheelss - Driving School is an attraction dedicated to teaching children how to drive.
- Humpty’s Fall : Humpty's Fall is a kids’ ride. It is a mini drop ride inspired by the D2.
- Wagon - O – O – Wheel : Wagon-O-O-Wheel is a mini Ferris wheel for kids.
- Tubbby Takes Off : Tubbby Takes Off is a merry- go- round ride for the kids, based on an original Imagica character Tubbby, the flying elephant
- The Magic Carousel : The classic Carousel at Imagica is imported from Italy in order to keep the authenticity of this vintage ride intact.
Restaurants at Imagica Theme Park
The theme has 5 uniquely designed restaurants that offer a host of food options to the visitors.
- Roberto’s Food Court: A purely vegetarian restaurant, it serves various cuisines ranging from Indian, Mexican, Italian to Pan-Asian. This restaurant also has a separate kitchen for Jain meals.
- The Imagica Capital: A buffet exclusive restaurant serving Indian style food from states across India.
- Red Bonnet: A restaurant styled as a classic All-American Diner, serving both vegetarian and non-vegetarian fast food. The place is renowned for its burgers and hot-dogs.
- Arrmada: A ship-themed restaurant with a Spanish setting that overlooks a view of the lagoon. The Armada offers with freshly made sandwiches & salads for a quick bite. Visitors can also enjoy coffee and chilled beverages.
- Zeze Bar+Grill: A Bar and grill restaurant styled like an African tribal outpost, that serves food that is a fusion of African and Indian cuisine, like peri-peri chicken wings, paneer steak, spicy wraps and more.
This Mykonos-themed Water Park is very popular as a favourite day party hangout destination.
Rides at the Water Park
- Loopy Woopy : Loopy Woopy plummets the rider through a 39 feet vertical free-fall drop into a tunnel slide that loops multiple times and makes the rider slide down at a very high speed.
- Zip Zap Zoom : Zip Zap Zoom is a high-speed mat racer that sends riders through enclosed aqua tubes that run closely alongside each other.
- Yell-O! : Yell-o is a water slide ride with various slides of different colours. It plunges riders feet-first into a series of twists and turns at very high speeds
- Swirl Whirl : The swirl whirl takes riders through a series of twists & turns, before plummeting them into the core of a funnel. The experience includes 5 near-vertical oscillations, before exiting the flume for the final plunge.
- The Screamer : The Screamer involves a series of twists, turns and oscillations. The ride features “rattles” which change in alignment with the different lengths of the cylinders, giving the riders a completely different sensation at each turn.
- Raftaastic : The Raftaastic is a family raft ride. It offers riders a speedy fall down a water wall, with steep drops and turns.
- Splash : This is an open body waterslide where the rider experiences multiple bumps and turns during the course of the ride
- Boomeranggo : This ride shoots riders up a water wall, where they experience weightlessness before coming back down. The ride involves the riders going up and sliding down as they travel through the water slide
- The Pirate Bay : The Pirate Bay is an attraction that has water slides and inner-tube slides with gentle speeds and slopes. It has a milder thrill quotient than most of the rides at the Imagica Waterpark. It also has mini slides, water toys and characters, which are kids’ attractions.
- Floatsa : Floatsa involves riders getting into big rubber tubes and floating in the pool of water, as a gentle current takes them downstream. It is an individual ride meant for the purpose of relaxation
- Wacky Wavess : An artificial wave pool, where ocean-like waves are formed at regular intervals. Here, visitors can experience the feeling of standing in the midst of an ocean
- Zooballoo : A music and water attraction for the kids with five wild animals as characters. The ride plays music and simultaneously splashes the children with water, as they dance along
- Kiddie Pool : A small pool for children to play in. It has a depth of about 3 feet
The Imagica Snow Park is a one-of-a-kind indoor snow-based theme park. The park is spread across an area of 15,000 sqft, making it one of India’s largest snow parks. There are slots of 45 mins each. While purchasing tickets you need to select a slot. You can enter snow park in that slot timing only. Once you inside they provide you all the winter necessary items like Jacket, Hand Gloves and Snow Hiking Shoes, free of cost.
Top attractions at the Snow Park
- Real Snowfall: The snow park has an artificial snowfall machine which they start after 10 mins when people have entered the park. This gives the real feel of snowfall. The snow gets collected on the floor and people can play with it.
- Snow Basketball: This is another attraction which people can play there. Many balls are provided for playing.
- Snow Slides: There are two different slides in the park. One is round tube based, on which you have to site and you would come down sliding. The second is floater based. You have to lie on the floater upside down and then you would come down sliding.
- Snow Hiking: There is a mini trek which gives you a hiking experience in snow. There are 4 levels or say obstacles which you have to cross.
- Snow Castle: There is a room kind of area in which a throne is kept which is made of ice. In-front of that there are chairs which are also made of ice. Multi-Lighting effect makes it more attractive.
- Snow Mountain Climbing: There is an artificial mountain climbing wall on which stones are studded and with the help of rope and harness people can climb the wall.
- Snow Dance Floor: There is a DJ floor but instead of proper floor for dancing you get all ice floor. The DJ man plays are latest and famous track from Bollywood and Hollywood.
- Toboggan Rides
- Coffee Shop: There is a coffee counter which offers you tea, coffee and snacks.
The snow is prepared by throwing RO purified water at high speed in an enormous condenser, which condenses the water droplets to generate soft snow.
Directions to the Park
Adlabs Imagica is located with easy access by road or rail. It is very close to the Mumbai Pune Express highway, almost 75 km from Mumbai with an average drive time of 90 minutes.
- By Car (From Mumbai) On Mumbai - Pune Express highway, after Khalapur Toll Naka take the first left at the Khopoli exit. Take the overhead bridge towards Pali Road. Once you cross the bridge, take the left turn towards Pali Road 3 km away on right hand side you will see Adlabs Imagica.
- By Car (From Pune) On Mumbai - Pune Express highway, just before Khalapur Toll Naka take a U-turn. A few meters ahead take the Khopoli exit on your left. Take the overhead bridge towards Pali Road. Once you cross the bridge, take the left turn towards Pali Road 3 km away on right hand side you will see Adlabs Imagica.
- By Train The closest train station to Imagica is Khopoli. The CST-Khopoli Fast train runs along the Central Railway line, once per day from Mumbai. Imagica, which is just 20 minutes away from the station, also offers shuttle services from Khopoli station, once in the morning and evening on a daily basis, for which no prior booking is required. Guests arriving at other times can avail auto rickshaws from the station at their discretion.
Adlabs Imagica also has a 287-room hotel – Novotel Imagica adjacent to the park, that offers 1 Night and 2 Night stay packages as a base-camp for guests to enjoy all the 3 Parks. The hotel also boasts of a swimming pool, children’s activity center, specialty restaurants, well-equipped gym and banquet halls for up to 600 people at a time.
All Vendors are compliant with international standards – ASTM, European or EN Standard, with all international safety certifications in place. TUV SUD South Asia Pvt. Ltd. has been engaged to carry out inspection, testing and installation certificate.
Awards and Recognition
- OTM Award for Excellence – Most Promising New Destination Award
- TripAdvisor’s Traveller’s Choice Awards 2015
- IAAPI Awards 2016 - Most Innovative Ride – Runner Up
- IAAPI Awards 2016 - Electronic Media – TV Channel – Winner
- IAAPI Awards 2016 - Print Media - Winner
- "Adlabs Imagica: Inside India’s First Disney-Style Theme Park". 18 April 2013.
- "Imagica adds a Snow Park this summer - The Financial Express". 11 April 2016.
- India, Press Trust of. "Adlabs Imagica to open water park, hotel this year".
- Menon, Bindu D (24 February 2015). "Imagica to monetise character-based merchandise".
- "Adlabs to open 2 more theme parks in India in 3-5 years - The Financial Express". 31 January 2016.
- "Adlabs Imagica Plans to Open Theme Parks in Hyderabad, Delhi - NDTV".
- SiliconIndia. "Relive the Child in You; with these Seven Thrilling Amusement Parks".
- "6 amusement parks in India you should travel for".
- "Will break even in FY17; to add snow, adventure park: Adlabs".
- "Novotel Imagica".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adlabs Imagica.|