|Hubs||Cambridge Bay Airport|
|Secondary hubs||Yellowknife Airport|
Adlair Aviation (1983) Ltd. was founded in 1983 as a family-owned charter airline in Cambridge Bay, Nunavut, Canada. Adlair Aviation was established by one of the north's pilots, Willy Laserich. It is based in Cambridge Bay and has administrative offices in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. It operates out of Cambridge Bay Airport. Also, Adlair operates a docking area at the Cambridge Bay Water Aerodrome.
Adlair primarily provided MEDIVAC or air ambulance services to the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut with flight nurses from Medflight, a Canadian company owned and operated by Patricia O'Connor. O'Connor, who lives in Yellowknife, was awarded the Order of Canada in 2007 for her work in the medical field.
In August 2011 the Government of Nunavut announced that the medivac contract for the Kitikmeot Region had been given to Air Tindi, along with its partner Arsaniq, owned by Dennis Lyall. Adlair has appealed to the Nunavummi Nangminiqaqtunik Ikajuuti and a decision is expected by 11 October 2011. The decision to dismiss the appeal was made 29 October 2011 and the new released 31 October. Adlair were given an extension on their contract until the end of November 2011.
Adlair's other services include:
- Fuel caching
- Fishing charters
- Canoe and kayaking charters
- Camp servicing and supply
- Community re-supply
|Aircraft||No. of Aircraft||Variants||Notes|
|Beechcraft Super King Air||2||200||Charters|
|DHC-2 Beaver||1||Mk 1||Floatplane|
|DHC-6 Twin Otter||1||200 Series||Can be equipped with skis|
- 15 April 2009, an Adlair flight was returning from Yellowknife to Cambridge Bay. The plane in the incident was a Beechcraft King Air. While about 180 km (110 mi) from the airport, and at 23,000 ft (7,000 m), one of the two passengers, a 20-year-old male, became upset, opened the cabin door and jumped to his death. The aircraft landed in Cambridge Bay with the damaged door partially open and no injuries to the flight crew or the other passenger. An inquest has been called by Nunavut's chief coroner which will begin on December 7.
- Transport Canada listing of aircraft owned by "Adlair Aviation" Archived July 18, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Company Website Archived 2008-07-05 at the Wayback Machine.
- Contact Info Archived October 6, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- List of services Archived October 6, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Patricia O'Connor, C.M., R.N." Archived from the original on 2009-08-20. Retrieved 2009-08-20.
- "Medevac nurse named to Order of Canada". Archived from the original on 2011-06-08. Retrieved 2009-08-11.
- Nunavummi Nangminiqaqtunik Ikajuuti
- Adlair fights GN decision on Kitikmeot medevac contract 6 September 2011
- Facing an uncertain future, Adlair puts up brave front 3 October 2011
- Adlair Aviation Ltd. loses medevac contract appeal
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2016): 8.
- Pilots land safely after passenger jumps
- Man leaps to death from Nunavut-bound airplane
- "Inquest called into death of Nunavut man who jumped from plane". CBC. 2009-06-26. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adlair Aviation.|