Adler Arena Skating Center
The Adler Arena outside
|Capacity||8,000 Olympic Mode|
|Construction cost||$32,8 million|
2013 World Single Distance Speed Skating Championships
2014 Winter Olympics (speed skating)
The Adler Arena Trade And Exhibition Center (Адлер-Арена) is an 8,000-seat speed skating oval in the Olympic Park, Sochi, Russia. It opened in 2012 and looks like an iceberg or ice fault. The center hosted the speed skating events at the 2014 Winter Olympics. Original plans for after the Olympics were for the Adler Arena to be turned into an exhibition center.
It cost $32.8 million to build the venue, including the temporary works for the Olympics. Before the Olympics it hosted the 2013 Russian Speed Skating Championships in December 2012 and the 2013 World Single Distance Speed Skating Championships from 21 to 24 March 2013.
A crystal face theme is supported by angular walls and triangular stained-glass windows. The gray and white color of the building enhances this impression. The walls along the sides of the skating rink are made transparent so that spectators can look outside. The skating center is designed to make the utmost use of local natural features.
The skating centre hosted the 2014 World Robot Olympiad.
Russia hosted their 2015 Fed Cup World Group semifinals tie at the Adler Arena.
- "Adler Arena". Sochi2014.com. 2013-10-09. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- "Detailed model of Venue on Sochi Investment Forum 2009". Flickr.com. 2009-10-17. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- Sochi2014.com profile Archived March 11, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Olympic Games – Speed Skating". Sochi 2014. Sochi 2014. Archived from the original on September 9, 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Season 2012 – 2013". ISU. Retrieved 7 November 2012.
- "Visitenkarte der Eisbahn: Adler Arene Sotschi". speedskatingnews. Archived from the original on 25 December 2013. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adler Arena.|
|This article about a Russian sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|