Tŷ Admiral, the head office of the Admiral Group
|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: ADM|
FTSE 100 Component
|Headquarters||Cardiff, Wales, UK|
|Annette Court (Chairman)|
David Stevens (CEO)
|Revenue||£1,261.6 million (2018)|
|£487.5 million (2018)|
|£390.5 million (2018)|
Admiral Group plc is an financial services company headquartered in Cardiff, Wales. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, it is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index, and markets the Admiral, Bell, Elephant and Diamond vehicle insurance brands, as well as operating the price comparison services Confused.com and Compare.com.
In 1990, a managing agent at Lloyd's of London called Hayter Brockbank chose Henry Engelhardt, to head up a new operation and formulate its business plan. In November 1999, Engelhardt led a management buy-out of Admiral Group from the Brockbank Group backed by Barclays Private Equity. On 23 September 2004, Admiral floated on the London Stock Exchange.
In September 2004, Admiral Group plc announced the pricing of its initial public offering, at an offer price of 275 pence per existing ordinary share. Based on the offer price, the market capitalisation of Admiral at the commencement of dealings on the London Stock Exchange was £711 million.
- "Preliminary Results 2018" (PDF). Admiral Group. Retrieved 8 March 2019.
- Treanor, Jill (13 May 2015). "Admiral insurance founder to step down after 25 years". The Guardian. Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- "The Interview: Admiral boss Henry Engelhardt". FMWF. 19 October 2011. Archived from the original on 20 October 2011. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Admiral named 'Exit of the Year' by Acquisitions Monthly". Equistone. 19 January 2005.
- "Admiral IPO begins successfully". Insurance Post. 23 September 2004. Retrieved 17 March 2012.