This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Wholly owned subsidiary|
|David Stevens (CEO)|
Admiral, a trading name of EUI Limited, is a car insurance specialist founded in January 1993. Its head offices are in Tŷ Admiral (English: Admiral House), Cardiff, Wales. It also has offices in Swansea, Newport, Halifax (Canada) and India. Admiral is a subsidiary of the Admiral Group, along with its sister companies Confused.com and elephant.co.uk,
The Admiral Group floated on the London Stock Exchange in September 2004, it is currently the only FTSE 100 listed company headquartered in Wales. It employs more than 8,000 people, and has more than four million customers. The company’s turnover was £2.19 billion in 2011.
Admiral traditionally specialised in providing car insurance for those with higher premiums; younger drivers who lived in urban areas, primarily in London, South East England and Scotland. However, since the advent of price comparison sites, it has insured a far wider cross section of motorists.
Admiral has been listed in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For list every year since its inception. It has also been named in the Great Place to Work Institute’s list of Best Workplaces every year in the United Kingdom. It has been named Welsh Company of the Year three times; in 1999, 2005 and 2009. It was also named Insurance Company of the Year by City AM.
- "About Admiral". EUI Limited. 2013. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- "Insurance firm creates 400 jobs". BBC News Online. 2008-06-25. Retrieved 2012-01-13.
- "Admiral reports record annual pre-tax profits of nearly £300m". BBC News Online. 2012-03-07. Retrieved 2012-03-29.
- CBE for man who brought Wales 2,500 jobs, 28 Apr 2008, Retrieved November 19, 2013
- Barry, Sion (2010-11-03). "Admiral is Insurance Company of the Year". Media Wales. Retrieved 2012-01-13.