Admiralty Research Establishment
|Dissolved||April 1, 1991|
The Admiralty Research Establishment (commonly known as ARE) was formed on 1 April 1984 from various Admiralty establishments. It became part of the Defence Research Agency on 1 April 1991.
Constituent parts on formation
- Admiralty Surface Weapons Establishment (ASWE), Portsdown, Portsmouth (1959-1984)
- Admiralty Signal and Radar Establishment, Portsmouth (1948-1959).
- Admiralty Gunnery Establishment, Teddington. (AGE) (1943-1959).
- Admiralty Research Laboratory (ARL), Fire Control Group, Teddington (1921-1977).
- Admiralty Compass Observatory, Slough, England (1842-1971).
- Admiralty Marine Technology Establishment (1978-1984) - formed from amalgamation of other research departments in 1977
- Admiralty Underwater Weapons Establishment (AUWE), Portland, Dorset (1960-1984).
- "Admiralty: Admiralty Surface Weapons Establishment and predecessors: Records". Retrieved 22 April 2010.
- "Royal Naval Research and Development, Military Records Information 38". Retrieved 22 April 2010.
- "Admiralty: Royal Navy Torpedo Factory and Torpedo Experimental Establishment: Reports and Technical Notes". Retrieved 22 April 2010.
- Semark, H. W. (1997). The Royal Naval Armament Depots of Priddy's Hard [etc] 1768-1977. Hampshire County Council.
|This article related to government in the United Kingdom or its constituent countries is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Kingdom military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|