Adnan Menderes Airport
|İzmir Adnan Menderes Airport
Adnan Menderes Havalimanı
|Owner||General Directorate of State Airports of Turkey (DHMI)|
|Elevation AMSL||412 ft / 126 m|
İzmir Adnan Menderes Airport (IATA: ADB, ICAO: LTBJ) is an international airport serving İzmir and most of the surrounding province in Turkey. It is named after former Turkish prime minister Adnan Menderes.
İzmir's main airport is located 18 km (11 mi) southwest of the city center in the Gaziemir district on the way to Selçuk, Ephesus and Pamukkale. The new international terminal, which was designed by Yakup Hazan Architecture, opened in September 2006, with the new domestic terminal opening at around March 2014. It replaced Çiğli Air Base which is now used only as a military base.
In 2014, ADB has served 10.9 million passengers, 8.3 million of which were domestic passengers. It has ranked 5th in terms of total passenger traffic (after Ataturk Airport, Antalya Airport, Sabiha Gökçen Airport and Esenboğa Airport), and 4th in terms of domestic passenger traffic (after Ataturk Airport, Sabiha Gökçen Airport and Esenboğa Airport) within the country.
Airlines and destinations
|Turkish Airlines Cargo||Entebbe, Istanbul–Atatürk, Maastricht/Aachen, Nairobi, Riyadh|
|Year (months)||Domestic||% change||International||% change||Total||% change|
Izban commuter rail trains stop at the Airport Station about every 10 mins at peak hours and 20 mins off peak. Intercity trains operated by the Turkish State Railways also stop at the Airport Station. There are currently about 14 daily trains in both directions. Northbound trains all go to Basmane Terminal in the city center, while southbound trains serve Ödemiş, Tire, Söke, Aydın, Nazilli Torbalı and stations in between.
- EAD Basic. Ead.eurocontrol.int. Retrieved on 2011-08-01.
- "ACI EUROPE Airport Traffic Report. December, Q4 and Full Year 2015" (PDF). Retrieved 28 August 2016.
- "Contact Us Archived 2009-03-04 at the Wayback Machine.." Adnan Menderes Airport. Retrieved on 6 September 2009.
- Müdürlüğü, DHMİ Genel. "Devlet Hava Meydanları İşletmesi Genel Müdürlüğü". www.dhmi.gov.tr. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- "Flight Search". pegasys.pegast.ru. 19 February 2018.
- "Saudia opens Izmir / Malaga reservations in S18". www.routesonline.com. 16 March 2018.
- SunExpress plans new routes in S18 Routesonline. 16 November 2017.
- Reserved., sunway.ie. All information Copyright (C)2017. All Rights. "Sun Holidays Summer Package Holidays from Dublin & Ireland". www.sunway.ie. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- 2017, UBM (UK) Ltd. "Update as of 18MAR16: SunExpress Germany Planned New Routes in S16". Routesonline. Retrieved 13 May 2017.
- Turkish Airlines Cargo outlines 777 Freighter network in Dec 2017 Routesonline. 11 December 2017.
- A.Ş., ÜNİBEL. "Eshot Genel Müdürlüğü Resmi Web Sitesi". www.eshot.gov.tr. Retrieved 2018-01-31.
- Havaş Archived December 15, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
Media related to Adnan Menderes Airport at Wikimedia Commons