14 February 1919|
|Died||7 April 1987|
Table tennis career
He won nine medals at the World Table Tennis Championships from 1935 to 1954. This included two gold medals at the 1947 World Table Tennis Championships in the team event and in the men's doubles with Václav Tereba respectively. 
He also won an English Open title.
- Profile at the Biographical Dictionary of the Historical Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences
- "Profile". Table Tennis Guide.
- "Table Tennis World Championship medal winners". Sports123.
- Montague, Trevor (2004). A-Z of Sport, pages 699-700. The Bath Press. ISBN 0-316-72645-1.
- Matthews/Morrison, Peter/Ian (1987). The Guinness Encyclopaedia of Sports Records and Results, pages 309-312. Guinness Superlatives. ISBN 0-85112-492-5.
- "Veterans Lead" (PDF). Table Tennis England.
|This biographical article relating to table tennis is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|