This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Adolf Holl (born 1930) is an Austrian Catholic writer and theologian of international reputation. He lives in Vienna, where he was Chaplain of the University of Vienna and a lecturer in its Department of Catholic Theology. Because of conflicts with Church authorities, he was suspended from his teaching and priestly duties. He has written many books, including Jesus in Bad Company and The Last Christian: A Biography of Francis of Assisi.
Holl has doctorates in philosophy and theology from the University of Vienna. Ordained a Catholic priest in 1954, he served as a parish priest and professor of theology until 1973, when longstanding controversies with church officials led to his dismissal from university and parish posts.
Works by Adolf Holl that have been translated into English
- Jesus in Bad Company. 1971. ISBN 9780030013867.
- Death and the Devil. 1973. ISBN 9780816403134.
- The Last Christian: A Biography of Francis of Assisi. 1979. ISBN 9780385154994.
- The Left Hand of God: A Biography of the Holy Spirit. Doubleday. 1998. ISBN 978-0-385-49284-3.
- "Random House author spotlight". Retrieved 2010-11-07.