Adolf Just (born 8 August 1859, Lüthorst near Dassel, Kingdom of Hanover; died 20 January 1936, Blankenburg (Harz)) was a German Naturopath. He was the founder of the sanatorium Jungborn in Eckertal (resin).
He began an apprenticeship as a bookseller, but fell ill and turned in the self-study on various natural remedies, through which he became a lay practitioner. For a philosophy of medicine he most strongly advocated a "Return to Nature", utilizing natural food, clean water, fresh air, earthen clay, as well as time spent in nature itself. Eckertal in 1895 he founded the Naturopathic Institute Jungborn. The most prominent patient was Franz Kafka. In 1918 Just founded the healing clay Society in Blankenburg (Harz), and started the company, Luvos. His main work attracted interest in India and led there to set up a still existing natural medicine hospital in Pune.
- Alfred Brauchle: Rückkehr zum Paradies. Der Buchhändler Adolf Just. In: derselbe: Geschichte der Naturheilkunde in Lebensbildern. 2. erw. Aufl. von Große Naturärzte. Reclam Verlag, Stuttgart 1951, pp. 297–302
- Sabine Merta: Wege und Irrwege zum modernen Schlankheitskult : Diätkost und Körperkultur als Suche nach neuen Lebensstilformen 1880–1930. Franz Steiner, Stuttgart 2003, ISBN 3-515-08109-7, p. 49.
- Uwe Heyll: Wasser, Fasten, Luft und Licht : die Geschichte der Naturheilkunde in Deutschland. Campus, Frankfurt am Main 2006, ISBN 978-3-593-37955-5, p. 165.
- Return to Nature: Paradise Regained, 1896 (translated into English in 1903) (full text in English (pdf, 2.4 MB))
- Jungborn echo. Brief History of Jungborn especially interesting judgments, reports, articles and important Kurberichte, 1904
- The Jungborn - table. A new, simple, vegetarian cookbook, 1905
- The Help on the way! Mental and emotional life, 1907
- The battle for the truth. The contemporary nature of life (earth and clay) court, 1907
- The contemporary nature of healing, in a condensed form. Human salvation for body, mind and soul, 1913
- The healing earth, nature and the old folk remedy and its wonderful healing of internal and external application. All true modern natural healing method on a Christian foundation, 1919
- The Earth as a remedy. The old natural and folk remedies, and its wonderful healing of internal and external application. The true nature of healing, contemporary Christian basis, 1921
- Luvos, a German manufacturer of medicinal clay-based products for both internal and external application, established by alternative medicine practitioner Adolf Just in Blankenburg in 1918.
- "Geschichte der deutschsprachigen Literatur, 1900-1918". google.de.
- Just, Adolf (1903). Return to Nature: Paradise Regained (PDF). Benedict Lust. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-06-19. Retrieved 2013-03-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adolf Just.|
- Literature by and about Adolf Just in the German National Library catalogue
- Product Just, Adolf. On the website www.augendiagnostik.de''
- Product Just, Adolf. On the website www.blankenburg.de