Adolf von Trotha
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Adolf von Trotha|
1 March 1868|
Koblenz, Kingdom of Prussia
|Died||11 October 1940
|Service/branch|| Kaiserliche Marine
Vorläufige Reichsmarine (1919-20)
|Years of service||1886-1920|
|Spouse(s)||Anna von Veltheim|
Adolf von Trotha (1 March 1868, Koblenz, Rhine Province – 11 October 1940) was a German admiral in the Kaiserliche Marine. After the German revolution he briefly served as the first Chef der Admiralität, which replaced the imperial Reichsmarineamt. After supporting the Kapp-Lüttwitz Putsch of March 1920 he resigned his post.
Trotha was born 1 March 1868 at Koblenz, at the time part of the Rhine Province of the Kingdom of Prussia. Trotha was the third son of Karl von Trotha (1834–1870), who was killed in the Franco-Prussian War, when his son was only two years old.
Trotha married Anna von Veltheim (15 January 1877 - 8 August 1964) on 4 June 1902, the daughter of Fritz von Veltheim and Elizabeth von Krosigk.
Trotha entered the Imperial Navy in 1886 as an officer candidate and was promoted to Leutnant zur See in 1891. He served as a commander of the torpedo boat D3 and as a navigations officer on the small cruiser SMS Seeadler.
As Chef der Admiralität from March 1919 Trotha was a (non-voting) ex-officio member of the first two cabinets of the Weimar Republic, the Scheidemann cabinet and the Bauer cabinet from March 1919 until March 1920.
After his death on 11 October 1940 a state funeral was held in Berlin.
- "Files of the Reichskanzlei: Adolf von Trotha(German)". Bundesarchiv. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "Files of the Reichskanzlei: Das Kabinett Scheidemann (German)". Bundesarchiv. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- "Files of the Reichskanzlei: Das Kabinett Bauer(German)". Bundesarchiv. Retrieved 6 July 2016.
- Bird, Keith Weimar, the German Naval Officer Corps and the Rise of National Socialism, Grüner, 1977, page 69.
- Hildebrand, Hans; Henriot, Ernest (1990). P — Z. Deutschlands Admirale : 1849-1945 : die militärischen Werdegänge der See-, Ingenieur-, Sanitäts-, Waffen- und Verwaltungsoffiziere im Admiralsrang (in German) 3 (Osnabrück: Biblio-Verl). pp. 460–461. ISBN 3764814993.
|This biographical article related to the German Navy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|