Adolph's father worked at the Abbey in Riddagshausen. His early schooling was at Collegium Carolinum in Braunschweig. After working for some years as a farmer, he went to study at the University of Berlin. In 1866 he married Ellen Streichenberg. He took a great interest in birds, collecting their eggs. His large collection of eggs was bequeathed to the Berlin Zoological Museum.
- Heinroth, Oskar. "Bericht über die Maisitzung 1916". Journal of Ornithology (in German). 64 (3): 421–424. doi:10.1007/BF02250493.
- Avibase Crimson-crowned Flowerpecker
- Avibase Sangihe White-eye
- Full text of "Bulletin of the British Ornithologists' Club"
- Works by or about Adolph Nehrkorn at Internet Archive
- Katalog der Eiersammlung, nebst Beschreibungeh der aussereuropchen Eier. by Adolph Nehrkorn 1910
|This article about an ornithologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|