|Cedar Rapids Titans|
|Date of birth:||November 7, 1985|
|Place of birth:||Cedar Rapids, Iowa|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||192 lb (87 kg)|
|High school:||Cedar Rapids (IA) Washington|
|NFL Draft:||2008 / Round: 7 / Pick: 237|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Adrian Jarrard Arrington (born November 7, 1985) is a former American football wide receiver. Arrington now serves as the offensive coordinator of the Cedar Rapids Titans of the Indoor Football League (IFL). He was drafted by the Saints in the seventh round of the 2008 NFL Draft and called up from the team's practice squad before Week 17 of the 2010 NFL season. He played college football at Michigan.
Arrington went to high school at Washington High School in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. In his high school career Arrington made 100 receptions for 1,547 yards and 23 touchdowns; returned 24 kickoffs for 642 yards and a touchdown and 38 punt returns for 442 yards and a touchdown; and also had 11 career interceptions and 95 career tackles on defense. Arrington played in the 2004 U.S. Army All-American Bowl, and was named the Gatorade player of the year for Iowa as a senior.
In 2004, Arrington's freshman season, he caught two passes for 12 yards in eight games. In 2005, Arrington's sophomore season, he played in one game, then was injured and played in no further games, allowing him to redshirt for the season and gain an additional year of college football eligibility in 2008. As a junior in 2006, Arrington played in all 13 games and started five at wide receiver. He finished second on the team in receptions with 40, second in touchdowns with eight, and third in receiving yards with 544. He also made four catches for 34 yards against USC in the 2007 Rose Bowl, one of them for a touchdown.
As a senior in 2007, Arrington made 58 catches for 729 yards and six touchdowns, finishing second to Mario Manningham on the team in all three receiving categories. In his last game as a Wolverine, Arrington had nine receptions for 153 yards and two touchdowns aiding Michigan to a victory over heavily favored Florida in the 2008 Capital One Bowl.
Arrington was drafted by the New Orleans Saints with the 237th overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. New Orleans traded a 2009 sixth-round pick to draft Arrington. On July 18, the Saints signed him to a contract, with terms undisclosed. On August 29, 2008, Arrington was placed on injured reserve for the 2008 season due to a toe injury during the first preseason game.
Arrington spent the 2009 regular season on the Saints' practice squad, but on January 20, 2010, he was moved to the active roster prior to the NFC Championship Game, due to concerns about Robert Meachem's ankle injury (but did not play). He was waived on September 29, 2010, but re-signed to the practice squad. Arrington was moved to the active roster on December 29, 2010.
In 2012, Arrington had offseason surgery on his meniscus and was unable to participate in any preseason games. Nonetheless, he made the regular season roster. On September 8, the day before the season opener, Arrington was cut, but he was readded to the roster on the 10th. He was then placed on injured reserve before being released with an injury settlement the following week.
- "Adrian Arrington". University of Michigan official athletic website. Archived from the original on 2008-06-26. Retrieved 2010-07-26.
- "King, Slaton, Manningham all headed to NFL", Associated Press at USA Today, January 15, 2008.
- "87 Adrian Arrington, WR". CBS Interactive. 2008-08-29. Retrieved 2008-09-03.
- Triplett, Mike (January 20, 2010). "New Orleans Saints promote receiver Adrian Arrington to active roster, sign defensive tackle Marlon Favorite to practice squad". Times-Picayune. Archived from the original on 23 January 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-20.
- Handwerger, Bradley (2010-12-30). "Saints place Roby on IR, promote Arrington to active roster". WWL-TV. Retrieved 2010-12-30.
- "Saints Notebook: WR Adrian Arrington could rejoin team". CBS Sports. 2012-09-10. Retrieved 2012-09-21.
- Patton, Mike (2012-09-06). "New Orleans Saints Wide Receiver Adrian Arrington Misses Practice Again: Fan's Take". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved 2012-09-21.
- Holder, Larry (2012-09-18). "New Orleans Saints sign CB Elbert Mack, release WR Adrian Arrington off IR". The Times-Picayune. Retrieved 2012-09-21.