|Sir Adrian Bradshaw|
General Sir Adrian Bradshaw in 2012
|Born||1958 (age 58–59)|
|Years of service||1980 – present|
|Commands held||Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe
1st Armoured Division
7th Armoured Brigade
|Awards||Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath
Officer of the Order of the British Empire
Officer of the Legion of Merit (United States)
General Sir Adrian John Bradshaw, KCB, OBE (born 1958) is a British Army officer who served as Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe. He also served as Director Special Forces from 2006 to 2009 and Commander Land Forces in 2013.
Bradshaw was commissioned into the 14th/20th King's Hussars in 1980. In 1994 he became Commanding Officer of the King's Royal Hussars commanding the KRH Battlegroup in Bosnia. On promotion to Brigadier he became Senior Advisor to the Combined Forces Air Component Command preparing for the invasion of Iraq. He was Deputy Commander of Task Force West during the Anglo-American invasion of Iraq in March 2003 and took charge of 7th Armoured Brigade during initial stabilisation operations in April 2003. By 2006 he was Director Special Forces.
In March 2009 Bradshaw was appointed General Officer Commanding 1st Armoured Division which undertook a major training exercise in the Czech Republic in May 2009. He became Deputy Commander International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan and United Kingdom National Contingent Commander in Afghanistan in the rank of lieutenant general in November 2011. He is Vice-Chairman of the Combined Services Polo Association.
Bradshaw assumed the role of Commander Land Forces in succession to General Sir Nick Parker in January 2013. He was succeeded by Lieutenant General Nick Carter as Commander Land Forces in November 2013.
Bradshaw was made full general  and appointed Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe on 28 March 2014. As of 2015, Bradshaw was paid a salary of between £170,000 and £174,999 by the department, making him one of the 328 most highly paid people in the British public sector at that time.
Honours and decorations
|Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath (KCB)||2013 Birthday Honours.|
|Companion of the Order of the Bath (CB)||2009 New Year Honours|
|Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE)||1998|
|General Service Medal|
|United Nations Protection Force Medal|
|NATO medal for the former Yugoslavia|
|NATO medal for Kosovo|
|Iraq Medal||with clasp 19 Mar to 28 Apr 2003|
|Operational Service Medal for Afghanistan||with clasp Afghanistan|
|Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal||2002|
|Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal||2012|
|Officer of the Legion of Merit||(United States) 2003|
- The London Gazette: . 2 December 1980. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- On point: the United States Army in Operation Iraqi Freedom By Gregory Fontenot, Page 43 Government Printing Office, 2007, ISBN 978-0-16-078196-4
- New Special Forces Support Group
- British troops stage their biggest ever training exercise abroad in the Czech Republic Archived May 17, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. Sky News, 14 May 2009
- Service Appointments The Times, 8 June 2011
- Combined Services Polo Association
- Defence Viewpoints, Up and Out: Promotions, leavers, new jobs May 2012
- "Ups and outs July 2013". Defence Viewpoints. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- The London Gazette: . 1 April 2014.
- "General Sir Adrian Bradshaw becomes the 28th DSACEUR". Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- "Senior officials 'high earners' salaries as at 30 September 2015 – GOV.UK". www.gov.uk. 2015-12-17. Retrieved 2016-03-13.
- The London Gazette: . 15 June 2013.
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2008. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- The London Gazette: . 8 May 1998. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- The London Gazette: . 31 October 2003. Retrieved 2009-09-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adrian Bradshaw.|
|Director Special Forces
|General Officer Commanding the 1st (UK) Armoured Division
|Deputy Commander, ISAF
Sir Nick Parker
|Commander Land Forces
Sir Richard Shirreff
|Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe
Sir James Everard