||This article needs attention from an expert in Biography/Science and academia. The specific problem is: the page supplies insufficient context to determine this person's impact on the field and is structured largely as a cv and reading list rather than a biography. It is impossible to determine whether they are notable in any way. (April 2017)|
Adrian Farrel is the co-chair of two IETF working groups: the L2VPN Service Model (L2SM) working group  and the Interface to Network Security Functions (I2NSF) working group. He was previously a Routing Area Director in the IETF, and was sponsored for this activity by Juniper Networks. Formerly he was co-chair of four IETF working groups, namely the L3VPN Service Model (L3SM) working group, CCAMP, PCE, and L1VPN, which are responsible for developing GMPLS and MPLS related standards. He has authored or co-authored more than 50 Request for Comments (RFCs) the IETF's standards documents  making him equal 10th most prolific author in the IETF  with an h-index of 12.
He was a founder of Aria Networks Ltd., who manufacture sophisticated, next-generation network modeling, path computation, and optimization tools for MPLS, GMPLS, and IP networks, and served as their Chief Technology Officer for two years. He also runs a consulting company specializing in MPLS and GMPLS. Previously he was an MPLS architect and development manager at software house Data Connection Ltd., and director of protocol development for Movaz Networks Inc. He is also author of guest editorials, and research papers.
- More Tales from the Wood (FeedARead, 2016), ISBN 9781786972569
- Tales from the Wood (FeedARead, 2015), ISBN 9781786100924
- Wireless Networking Complete (with multiple authors, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2009), ISBN 0123750776
- Network Management: Know It All (Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2008), ISBN 0123745985
- Network Quality of Service: Know It All (Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2008), ISBN 0323281877
- MPLS: Next Steps (with Bruce S. Davie, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2008), ISBN 0123744008
- GMPLS: Architecture and Applications (with Igor Bryskin, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2005), ISBN 0120884224
- The Internet and Its Protocols: A Comparative Approach (Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2004), ISBN 155860913X
- IETF home page, "IETF"
- L2VPN Service Model (L2SM)
- Interface to Network Security Functions (I2NSF)
- IETF Area Director Biographic Information
- Past IESG Members and IETF Chairs
- L3VPN Service Model (L3SM)
- IETF's Working Group, Common Control and Measurement Plane (ccamp) Archived November 9, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- IETF's Working Group, Path Computation Element (pce)
- IETF's Working Group Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks (l1vpn) Archived October 20, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- IETF RFCs Co-authored by Adrian Farrel
- Distribution of IETF Authors According to How Many Documents They Have Published 
- IETF Author Impact Factors
- Amazon index for Adrian Farrel
- Companies House register of officers for Aria Networks
- Aria Networks
- Old Dog Consulting
- IEEE Communication Magazine July 2005 Vol.43 No.7
- IEEE Communication Magazine October 2007 Vol.45 No.10 Archived February 19, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod
- "Technical Program Committee Biographies". 17th Annual Conference SDN/MPLS. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "Technical Program Committee Biographies". 15th Annual Conference MPLS 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "The Board". Pirate Party UK. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- "Board Minutes". Pirate Party UK. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- Tales from the Wood
- More Tales from the Wood
- Tales from the Wood Blog
- "More Tales from the Wood". FeedARead. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "Tales from the Wood". Amazon. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Network Management: Know It All". Amazon. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- "The Internet and Its Protocols: A Comparative Approach". Amazon. Retrieved 5 August 2015.