This article needs attention from an expert in biography/Science and academia. The specific problem is: the page supplies insufficient context to determine this person's impact on the field and is structured largely as a cv and reading list rather than a biography. It is impossible to determine whether they are notable in any way.April 2017)(
He was a founder of Aria Networks Ltd, who manufacture sophisticated, next-generation network modelling, path computation, and optimisation tools for MPLS, GMPLS, and IP networks, and served as their Chief Technology Officer for two years. He also runs a consulting company specialising in MPLS and GMPLS. Previously he was an MPLS architect and development manager at software house Data Connection Ltd., and director of protocol development for Movaz Networks Inc. He is also co-authored a research paper.
Adrian Farrel is the co-chair of the IETF's: L2VPN Service Model (L2SM) working group. He was previously a Routing Area Director in the IETF, and was sponsored for this activity by Juniper Networks. Formerly he was co-chair of five IETF working groups, namely the L3VPN Service Model (L3SM) working group, the Interface to Network Service Functions (I2NSF) working group, CCAMP, PCE, and L1VPN, which are responsible for developing GMPLS and MPLS related standards. He has authored or co-authored more than 50 Request for Comments (RFCs) the IETF's standards documents making him equal 10th most prolific author in the IETF with an h-index of 12. On 18 October 2017 he was appointed Independent Submission Editor (ISE) for the RFC Editor to serve for two years beginning on 15 February 2018.
Adrian Farrel is a member of the Pirate Party UK, and since 4 July 2015 has been an elected Governor of the party. On 14 December 2016 he was appointed Chair of the Board of Governors, a position he held until the party was disbanded at the end of 2020.
Adrian has also authored four volumes of fairy tales. He blogs about fairy tales and fairy stories.
- Tales from the Castle (FeedARead, 2019), ISBN 9781788768375
- Tales from Beyond the Wood (FeedARead, 2017), ISBN 9781788760096
- More Tales from the Wood (FeedARead, 2016), ISBN 9781786972569
- Tales from the Wood (FeedARead, 2015), ISBN 9781786100924
- Wireless Networking Complete (with multiple authors, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2009), ISBN 0123750776
- Network Management: Know It All (Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2008), ISBN 0123745985
- Network Quality of Service: Know It All (Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2008), ISBN 0323281877
- MPLS: Next Steps (with Bruce S. Davie, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2008), ISBN 0123744008
- GMPLS: Architecture and Applications (with Igor Bryskin, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2005), ISBN 0120884224
- The Internet and Its Protocols: A Comparative Approach (Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Burlington: 2004), ISBN 155860913X
- Nadeau, Thomas D. (2 January 2003). MPLS Network Management: MIBs, Tools, and Techniques. ISBN 9781558607514.
- Companies House register of officers for Aria Networks
- Aria Networks
- Old Dog Consulting
- IEEE Communication Magazine October 2007 Vol.45 No.10 Archived 19 February 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- L2VPN Service Model (L2SM)
- IETF Area Director Biographic Information
- Past IESG Members and IETF Chairs
- L3VPN Service Model (L3SM)
- Interface to Network Service Functions (I2NSF)
- Common Control and Measurement Plane (ccamp) Archived 9 November 2006 at the Wayback Machine
- IETF's Working Group, Path Computation Element (pce) Archived 10 July 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- IETF's Working Group Layer 1 Virtual Private Networks (l1vpn) Archived 20 October 2006 at the Wayback Machine
- IETF RFCs Co-authored by Adrian Farrel
- Distribution of IETF Authors According to How Many Documents They Have Published 
- IETF Author Impact Factors
- IAB appoints Adrian Farrel as Independent Submission Editor (ISE)
- IEEE Communication Magazine July 2005 Vol.43 No.7
- Amazon index for Adrian Farrel
- Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod
- "Technical Program Committee Biographies". 17th Annual Conference SDN/MPLS. Retrieved 15 December 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Technical Program Committee Biographies". 15th Annual Conference MPLS 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "The Board". Pirate Party UK. Retrieved 5 August 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Board Minutes". Pirate Party UK. Archived from the original on 11 May 2017. Retrieved 14 December 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "FeedAread Author Profile". FeedARead.