Sir Adrian James Andrew Denis FitzGerald, 6th Baronet, 24th Knight of Kerry (born 24 June 1940) is a baronet, hereditary knight, a Conservative Party politician in the UK, and former Mayor of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
The eldest son and heir of Sir George FitzGerald M.C., 5th Baronet, 23rd Knight of Kerry, by his wife Angela (Lady FitzGerald), daughter of Captain James Rankin Mitchell, of Mayfair, Adrian was educated at Harrow School.
A founder-member (1962) of the Conservative Monday Club, he was firstly editor of their Newsletter, and from 1967-74 editor of their glossy magazine, Monday World. He has served as an elected Councillor of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea in London from 1974 until his retirement in 2002, as Mayor (1984–85), and as Chairman of their Education and Libraries Committees from 1995. In 1989-90 he was Deputy Leader of the London Fire and Civil Defence Authority.
Sir Adrian has also served as Chairman of Anglo-Polish Society for 1989–92, and is currently its President. He is vice Chairman of the London Chapter of the Irish Georgian Society and a Patron of the Save Sloane Square campaign and the anti-euthanasia organisation Alert.
He is a Knight of Malta, and was President of the Irish Association of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta (SMOM) resigning in May 2015. He divides his time between his homes in South Kensington, London, and Cappoquin, County Waterford, Ireland.
|Ancestors of Adrian FitzGerald|
- Mosley, Charles, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, 1999, Crans, Switzerland, ISBN 2-940085-02-1; p. 1064
- Copping, Robert, The Story of The Monday Club - The First Decade, London, April 1972, pp. 6, 14.
- Councillor biography at RBKC[permanent dead link]
- Burke's (1999) p. 1064
- Save Sloane Square Archived 2 April 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- Alert's Patrons Archived 20 November 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- PUBLIC RECORD OFFICE of NORTHERN IRELAND. The FitzGerald (Knights of Kerry) Papers (MIC/639 and T/3075)
- BURKE'S PEERAGE & GENTRY'S A TO Z GUIDE
- Sir Adrian FitzGerald on Geni.com
- The Peerage
|Titles of nobility (Ireland)|
|Knight of Kerry
|Baronetage of the United Kingdom|
|This biography of a baronet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a mayor in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|