|Born||September 8, 1965|
Burton[disambiguation needed], England
|Alma mater||Brigham Young University|
Adrian Robert Gostick is a British writer. He writes on employee engagement and organizational culture. In 2011, he founded The Culture Works, a Utah-based consulting firm. Among his notable books are The Carrot Principle, All In, and The Orange Revolution, co-authored with Chester Elton.
Gostick was born in Burton, England, the son of a Rolls Royce draftsman father and a retail worker mother. In 1975, when he was 10 years old, his family emigrated to Canada. He served as an editor of the student paper at his Bachelor’s Alma Mater.
Gostick co-authored 10 books with Chester Elton including:
- Managing with Carrots: Using Recognition to Attract and Retain the Best People (2001) ISBN 1-58685-077-6
- The 24-Carrot Manager: A Remarkable Story of How a Leader Can Unleash Human Potential (2002) ISBN 1-58685-154-3
- A Carrot a Day: A Daily Dose of Recognition for Your Employees (2004) ISBN 1-58685-506-9
- The Invisible Employee: Realizing the Hidden Potential in Everyone (2006) ISBN 0-471-77739-0
- The Carrot Principle (Reissue, 2009) ISBN 1-4391-4917-8
- The Daily Carrot Principle: 365 Ways to Enhance Your Career and Life (2010) ISBN 1-4391-8173-X
- The Orange Revolution: How One Great Team can Transform an Entire Organization (2010) ISBN 1-4391-8245-0
- All In: How The Best Managers Create a Culture of Belief and Drive Big Results (2012) ISBN 978-1491511619
- What Motivates Me: Put Your Passions to Work (2014) ISBN 978-0996029704
- The Best Team Wins: The New Science of High Performance (2014) ISBN 978-1501179860
- Leading with Gratitude: Eight Leadership Practices for Extraordinary Business Results (2020) ISBN 978-0062965783
- Belkin, Lisa. "Putting Some Fun Back Into 9 to 5". The New York Times. Retrieved 6 March 2008.
- Lublin, Nancy. "Thank You" Goes a Long Way". Fast Company. Retrieved 1 November 2010.
- Shellenbarger, Sue. "Hey, That's My Idea! When Your Boss Steals Your Work". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 27 November 2018.
- Finnegan, Joanne. "Practices MGMA 2017: The future of medicine and politics". www.fiercehealthcare.com. Fierce Healthcare. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- Buchanan, Leigh. "Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and Mark Cuban Consume 50 Books a Year (More or Less). Here Are 8 You Need to Read". Inc.com. Retrieved 5 January 2018.
- "New York Times Best Sellers List". The New York Times. Retrieved 10 October 2010.
- Fisher, Anne. "Why saying "Thank you" is more than just good manners". fortune.com. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- Adams, Susan. "New Study: A Happy Workplace Really is Crucial". Forbes. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- Bradberry, Travis. "What Motivates You?". Forbes. Forbes. Retrieved 18 December 2014.