Adrian Ward (artist)
Adrian Ward (born 1976 in Bishop Auckland, England) is a software artist and musician. He is known for his generative art software products released through his company Signwave, and as one third of the techno gabba ambient group, Slub. His theoretical approach to generative and software art guides his practice, including contributing to the early principles of the livecoding movement.
Adrian co-won the 2001 Transmediale software art award in Berlin, alongside Netochka Nezvanova for his well-known Auto-Illustrator parody of Adobe Illustrator, off-the-shelf generative software that takes control over the artwork produced with it. Auto-Illustrator has earned prestigious digital arts awards including an honorary mention at the 2001 Prix Ars Electronica. He is also a board member of the UK Museum of Ordure, an ongoing collaborative art project with Stuart Brisley and Geoff Cox.
- Shulgin, A. (2003). Listen to the tools, interview with Alex McLean and Adrian Ward. In read_me 2.3 reader. NIFCA.
- Cox, G., McLean, A., and Ward, A. (2000). The Aesthetics of Generative Code. In International Conference on Generative Art.
- Dew, Harrison (2013-02-28). Digital Media and Technologies for Virtual Artistic Spaces. IGI Global. ISBN 9781466629622.
- Ward, A., Rohrhuber, J., Olofsson, F., McLean, A., Griffiths, D., Collins, N., and Alexander, A. (2004). Live Algorithm Programming and a Temporary Organisation for its Promotion. In Goriunova, O. and Shulgin, A., editors, read_me – Software Art and Cultures.
- Sommerer, Christa; Mignonneau, Laurent; King, Dorothée (2017-03-03). Interface Cultures: Artistic Aspects of Interaction. transcript Verlag. ISBN 9783839408841.
- Ward, A., Levin, G., Lia, and Meta. 4x4 Generative Design (with Auto-Illustrator, Java, DBN, Lingo): Life/Oblivion. Apress.
- Fuller, Matthew (2008-01-01). Software Studies: A Lexicon. MIT Press. ISBN 9780262062749.
- Nöth, Winfried; Bishara, Nina (2007-01-01). Self-Reference in the Media. Walter de Gruyter. ISBN 9783110198836.
- Manovich, Lev (2013-07-04). Software Takes Command. A&C Black. ISBN 1623567459.
- Cloninger, Curt (2006-10-03). Hot-Wiring Your Creative Process: Strategies for print and new media designers. New Riders. ISBN 9780132798228.
- Thoughtful Interaction Design: A Design Perspective on Information Technology. MIT Press. ISBN 9780262296922.
- Leopoldseder, Hannes; Schöpf, Christine (2001-09-04). Cyberarts 2001 (in German). Springer Science & Business Media. ISBN 9783211836286.
- Rugg, Judith; Sedgwick, Michèle (2007-01-01). Issues in Curating Contemporary Art and Performance. Intellect Books. ISBN 9781841501628.
- Ascott, Roy (2006-01-01). Engineering Nature: Art & Consciousness in the Post-biological Era. Intellect Books. ISBN 9781841501284.
|This article about an artist from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an English musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|