||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (February 2015)|
May 18, 1983 |
|Years active||1992 - 2002|
Adriana Ferreyr (born May 18, 1983 in Brazil) is a Brazilian actress best known in Brazil for her performance in Marisol, a 2002 Brazilian television series, and in the United States for her failed 2011-2015 lawsuit against billionaire George Soros.
Early life and education
While taking classes at the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, Ferreyr continued to pursue an acting career and, after two years, landed a role as a lead character in the prime time Sistema Brasileiro de Televisão soap opera Marisol (2002), playing Vanessa Lima do Vale, Marisol's adopted daughter.
Ferreyr previously dated George Soros for 5 years non-exclusively. On August 10, 2011, Ferreyr filed a $50 million lawsuit against Soros for fraud, harassment, emotional distress, estoppel and assault and battery. In 2011 Soros tried to dismiss the lawsuit and was unsuccessful. In March 2013, Soros sued Ferreyr for defamation and assault. During depositions on February 4, 2014, she allegedly assaulted Soros and his attorney for refusing to videotape the proceedings.
On April 1, 2014, Soros won a partial dismissal of Ferreyr's lawsuit; the appellate court, in a unanimous decision, dismissed her claims of fraud, infliction of emotional distress and other claims against Soros. The appellate court didn't dismiss Ferreyr's claim of assault and battery, however.
In April 2014, Ferreyr sued her former lawyer William Beslow. In June 2014, she was on her third set of lawyers, Javier A. Solano and Michael P. Kushner. By February 2015, Ferreyr was representing herself.
Her entire suit was dismissed by Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Debra James on February 5, 2015.
- Craig, Susanne (August 11, 2011). "George Soros, the Girlfriend and the Apartment". The New York Times.
- Craig, Susanne (August 11, 2011). "George Soros, the Girlfriend and the Apartment". The New York Times. Retrieved September 17, 2011.
- "Adriana Ferreyr e George Soros: tragédia baiana" (in Portuguese). Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- "Baianos entre primeiros colocados em exames vestibulares". Jornal A Tarde. January 17, 2000.
- "Adriana Ferreyr interpreta filha da Marisol". Jornal Correio do Brasil. August 15, 2002.
- Staff, Post (2013-03-18). "Ugly new mess for Soros ex | Page Six". Nypost.com. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Lawyer: George Soros Reserves His Strength To Plow Through Large Numbers Of Women, Not To Throw Lamps At Them (Like They Do To Him) « Dealbreaker: Wall Street Insider – Financial News, Headlines, Commentary and Analysis – Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Banks". Dealbreaker.com. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "Billionaire George Soros 'Slapped' and 'Choked' Brazilian Soap Opera Star, Lawsuit Claims | Fox News Latino". Latino.foxnews.com. August 11, 2011. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- Smith, Emily (August 11, 2011). "George Soros sued by ex-girlfriend over real estate dispute". The New York Post. Retrieved September 17, 2011.
- Smith, Emily (August 13, 2011). "Soros' jilted ex on their 5-year affair and his sudden change of heart". New York Post. Retrieved September 17, 2011.
- "George Soros' Ex-Girlfriend, Adriana Ferreyr, Files $50M Suit". Huffington Post. August 11, 2011. Retrieved September 17, 2011.
- "Billionaire George Soros forced to testify in palimony suit over promise of a $1.9 million condo". New York: NY Daily News. 2013-03-20. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- Canning, Andrea (August 12, 2011). "George Soros' Ex, Brazilian Actress Adriana Ferreyr, Sues for $50 M; Claims Billionaire Hit Her, Didn't Give Manhattan Apartment". ABC News. Retrieved September 17, 2011.
- Roberts, Roxanne (2013-03-13). "Love, etc.: George Soros suing ex-mistress". Washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- Julia La Roche (2013-03-12). "George Soros Countersues Adriana Ferreyr". Business Insider. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
- "George Soros ex-girlfriend goes berserk during deposition". New York Post. February 7, 2014. Retrieved February 14, 2014.
- Soros wins partial dismissal of suit filed by ex-girlfriend | Reuters
- Sara Malm (2013-03-18). "Ex-girlfriend suing billionaire George Soros is sued for $5million over falsely accusing student of rape | Mail Online". London: Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-09-15.