|Birth name||Adrianna Therese León|
|Born||March 15, 1987|
|Origin||San Diego, California, U.S.|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, actress, chef, model, personal fitness trainer, sports nutrition specialist|
|Years active||2002–present (musician)
|Associated acts||Caught Crimson, Forty Foot Echo, Kurth & Taylor|
Adrianna Therese León (born March 15, 1987) is an American singer-songwriter, chef, personal fitness trainer, model and actress. She is the co-founder and lead vocalist of the rock band Caught Crimson. León began writing songs for the soap opera General Hospital. León went on to have a role as the punk rock teen Brook Lynn Ashton, which earned her an Daytime Emmy nomination and a Soap Opera Digest Award, but left the ABC soap for the CBS soap opera The Young and the Restless, where she took over the role of Colleen Carlton.
Adrianna León was born in San Diego, California; she is of Ecuadorian, Puerto Rican, Italian and Canadian descent. She is a descendant of the Borgia family and is also a relative of the former Vice Mayor of Puerto Rico. When she was a child, Adrianna lived in Ecuador. Her family was a very influencing family in Riobamba, the city were her father was from. Also family member, Rodrigo Borja, served as President. After moving to the US from Ecuador, León began modeling and performing. After completing the seventh grade, León was home schooled by her mother and then rapidly advanced through high school. She's a member of the ASCAP and AFTRA.
She voiced over a Glamma Jammas commercial which she provided vocals for and was also in a Public Service Announcement for Vons, a Los Angeles-based supermarket chain. León starred in the indie-film Pheromones as the lead Anima, the film is directed by Genie Joseph and is produced by Hawaii Movie Studios.
León was hired in 2002 to write songs alongside Rick Krizman for the soap opera General Hospital. In 2003, Adrianne León performed two songs for the documentary Hollywood's Magical Island: Catalina, "Everlasting Dream" and "She Heals You". She formed Caught Crimson with the help of Murray Yates, lead vocalist of the Canadian rock band Forty Foot Echo. León later recruited former Artension bassist Kevin Chown, former Alien Ant Farm guitarist Terry Corso and former Forty Foot Echo drummer Rob Kurzretier. León provided vocals for a Glamma Jammas commercial song titled "Don't Get Me Started", it was written and produced by Kendall Marsh. She also sang "Favor Me" and "Falling In" both written and produced by Jody Whitesides. On October 4, 2003, Adrianne León performed at the California Avocado Festival. As well as performed at Aloha Festival on August 23, 2003, where she opened for the band "Dishwalla" and another Festival on May 17, 2003. All festivals were held in Carpinteria, California.
In May 2004, León was cast as the feisty and rebellious teen Brook Lynn Ashton on the soap opera General Hospital. León portrayed Brooke Lynn as a talented punk rock singer and songwriter who constantly fights against her mother Lois Cerullo's pressure to become a rock star. Léon was named "Outstanding Performer of the Week" of September 13, 2004 by Soap Opera Weekly for her performance as the rebellious young Quartermaine The role earned her a win for a Soap Opera Digest Award for "Outstanding Female Newcomer" as well as a Daytime Emmy Award nomination for "Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series" later in 2005.
She also guest starred on the ABC prime time sitcom Hot Properties as the young music VJ Courtney alongside Harry Hamlin as his much younger fiancée. In early 2006, León took over the role of Colleen Carlton on The Young and the Restless.
León has a puppy named "Price" whose custody she shares with former co-star Darcy Rose Byrnes; they named him "Price" because Byrnes first saw him in a pet adoption segment on The Price Is Right. Byrnes saw "Price" but wasn't able to adopt him, so León did.
|Unknown||Pheromones||Anima||Lead/ Hawaii Movie Studios|
|2004–2006, 2010–2011||General Hospital||Brook Lynn Ashton (#2)||First aired on May 31, 2004 – January 17, 2006, May 21, 2010 – April 11, 2011|
|2006–2007||The Young and the Restless||Colleen Carlton (#2)||First aired on January 18, 2006 – July 16, 2007|
|2005–2006||Soap Talk||Herself||Three episodes|
|2005||I Wanna Be a Soap Star||Herself||Aired on August 11, 2005|
|Hot Properties||Courtney||Aired on December 23, 2005|
Awards and nominations
|2005||Daytime Emmy Award||"Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series"||General Hospital||Nominated|
|Soap Opera Digest Award||"Outstanding Female Newcomer"||Won|
- California Births, 1905 - 1995. Family Tree Legends Records Collection (Online Database). Pearl Street Software, 2004-2005.
- "Adrianne León's Soap Opera Digest Biography". Retrieved 2008-12-03.
- "Behind The Music: Why GH Has Adrianne León Pulling Double Duty". Archived from the original on May 26, 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "SoapZone: General Hospital News & Gossip". Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- "Adrianne León Official acting resume". Retrieved 2008-12-12.[dead link]
- "ABC.com: General Hospital". Archived from the original on 2009-02-03. Retrieved 2009-01-13.
- "10-12-04 Adrianne Léon Music". Retrieved 2008-12-05.
- "Caught Crimson - Los Angeles, California - Rock / Electronica / Alternative". Archived from the original on February 3, 2009. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- "10-12-04 Soap Opera Weekly ADRIANNA LEON-CAMERON MATHISON- - Soap ...". Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Soap Opera Digest Award Winners: 2005". Archived from the original on 7 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- "Adrianne Leon Awards page". Internet Movie Database. Archived from the original on 5 February 2009. Retrieved 2008-12-25.
- Barnert, Deanna (July 7, 2007). "Fat Chance". Soap Opera Weekly. pp. 48–50.
- Brook Lynn Ashton at Soap Central
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adrianna Leon.|