Edwards curated performance commissions at Performa from 2010 to 2018. Prior to moving to the Whitney in 2018, Edwards worked as curator at large at the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis. She held that position since 2016. As of 2018 Edwards, was a Performance Studies Ph.D. student at N.Y.U. In 2016, Edwards curated a show “Blackness in Abstraction,” at Pace Gallery. In 2019, Edwards with Danielle A. Jackson curated an exhibition at the Whitney: “Jason Moran” the first museum survey devoted to the MacArthur-winning pianist and conceptualist.
Whitney Biennial 2021
Edwards authored the catalog for “Blackness in Abstraction,” the group exhibition she organized at Pace Gallery; as well as, contributing to the “Carrie Mae Weems: The Kitchen Table Series” and Ellen Gallagher’s catalog “Accidental Records.” Edwards was the performance reviews editor for the journal of feminist theory Women & Performance.
- Bourland, Ian (2018-03-20). "The Whitney's New Curator of Performance Art Is Raising the Stakes". Garage. Retrieved 2019-10-30.
- Pogrebin, Robin (2019-10-07). "Whitney Museum Chooses Curators for Its Next Biennial". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-10-30.
- Greenberger, Alex (22 February 2018). "Adrienne Edwards Named Curator of Performance at Whitney Museum". ARTnews.
- "Performance Studies Ph.D. Student Adrienne Edwards Named Curator of Performance at Whitney Museum". tisch.nyu.edu. Retrieved 2019-10-30.
- Cohen, Alina (2016-07-28). "The Art World's Most Daring — and Fun — Season". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-10-30.
- Russonello, Giovanni (2019-09-26). "Jason Moran's Jazz Journey at the Whitney Upends Space and Time". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-10-30.
- Battaglia, Andy (2019-10-07). "For 2021 Edition of Its Closely Watched Biennial, Whitney Museum Goes with Two Recent Hires". ARTnews. Retrieved 2019-10-30.
- "Adrienne Edwards Has Been Appointed Curator of Performance at the Whitney Museum". Retrieved 2019-10-30.
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|