Advance Design is a computer-aided engineering (CAE) software application developed by GRAITEC and dedicated to structural analysis and design of reinforced concrete / steel / timber structures and automated creation of design reports.
Advance Design offers a complete environment for the static and dynamic analysis of 2D and 3D reinforced concrete, steel and timber structures using the finite elements method. Advance Design® is part of the BIM structural GRAITEC Advance® suite, automating the entire structural design process, from engineering design to detailing and fabrication.
- 2D & 3D Climatic generator: automatic generation of wind and snow loads.
- Static, dynamic, non-linear analyses, large displacements, generalized buckling, etc.
- Boundary conditions on planar elements.
- Multi-core finite elements engine.
- Results post-processing (graphical visualization of results, result curves, stresses diagrams, storing post-processing graphic views, reports with automatic update).
- Determination of 3D interaction curves on an arbitrary section.
- Advanced meshing engine: "grid" or Delauney mesh algorithm, finite elements with 3, 4, 6 or 9 nodes, progressive meshing, refinement tools, global mesh parameters.
Advance Design is available in two versions: one according to North American standards and one according to European standards.
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP Pro (32-bit and 64-bit)
Customizable reports with automatic update. Advance Design includes an advanced report generator, which allows users to create standard or highly customized reports:
- Users can add different items to their reports (tables, texts, images, stored post-processing views, etc.).
- Advance Design reports can be saved in different formats (DOC, RTF, TXT, PDF).
- During the modeling phase users may generate reports of the structure description (quantitative and qualitative data). After calculation, it is possible to generate reports containing result tables.
- The report generator takes into account defined by users. As a result, the reports content will refer only to the selected elements.Users are able to configure the look and structure of the document and also to input text and add images to the report.
- Users can define and save custom tables, in order to obtain the desired results in the calculation report.
Advance Design integrates GRAITEC’s technology, “GTC” (GRAITEC Transfer Center), a data synchronization technology that allows:
- Importing / exporting data to other Graitec software and standard formats: IFC 2.×3, CIS/2 (Referinta), SDNF.
- Multiple Advance Design users working simultaneously on the same project and synchronizing their models.
- Synchronization in Advance Design of modifications made by engineers in other Graitec software (e.g., section changes, addition of structural elements, etc.).
GTC is GRAITEC’s solution for CAD / Design software interoperability and integration specialized in creating and handling a BIM (Building Information Model).
|Official name||version||release||date of release|
|Advance Design 2014||2013||11||September 2013|
|Advance Design 2013||2013||10||February 2013|
|Advance Design 2012||2012||9||December 2011|
|Advance Design 2011||2011||8||December 2010|
|Advance Design 2010||2010||7||September 2009|
|Advance Design 2009||2009||6||April 2009|
|Advance Design 3.1.||3.1.||5||January 2008|
|Advance Design 2.1.||2.1||4||January 2007|
|Effel Advance 1.2 (previous name for Advance Design)||1.2||3||April 2006|
|Effel Advance 1.1 (previous name for Advance Design)||1.1||2||June 2005|