Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Edited by||Peter Gregory|
Advanced Materials is a weekly peer-reviewed scientific journal covering materials science. It includes Communications, Reviews, and Feature Articles on topics in chemistry, physics, nanotechnology, ceramics, metallurgy, and biomaterials.
The journal was founded in 1988 as a supplement in the general chemistry journal Angewandte Chemie and remained in that journal for the first 18 months of its existence. The Founding Editor was Peter Goelitz (the Editor of Angewandte Chemie). The current editor-in-chief is Peter Gregory. The editorial office is in Weinheim, Germany.
Originally publishing 12 issues per year (monthly), the journal switched to 15 issues in 1997, 18 issues in 1998, and 24 issues (biweekly) in 2000; in 2009, the journal saw further expansion and became to publish weekly, with 48 issues per year.
Frequent topics covered by the journal also include liquid crystals, semiconductors, superconductors, optics, lasers, sensors, mesoporous materials, shape memory alloys, light-emitting materials, magnetic materials, thin films, and colloids.
- Advanced Functional Materials
- Advanced Engineering Materials
- Advanced Optical Materials
- Small (journal)
- Nature Materials
- Journal of Materials Chemistry A
- Journal of Materials Chemistry B
- Journal of Materials Chemistry C
- "Advanced Materials Overview". Wiley Online Library. Retrieved 2009-12-22.
- All Issues - Advanced Materials - Wiley Online Library