Advent, West Virginia
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Advent is an unincorporated community in southeastern Jackson County, West Virginia, United States. It lies along Advent Road southeast of the city of Ripley, the county seat of Jackson County, and near Jackson County's borders with Kanawha and Roane counties. Its elevation is 791 feet (241 m). Advent had a post office, which closed on December 25, 2010.
The community took its name from the local Advent Christian Church.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- DeLorme. West Virginia Atlas & Gazetteer. 4th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2007, p. 33, 43. ISBN 0-89933-327-3.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Advent, West Virginia, Geographic Names Information System, 1980-06-27. Accessed 2008-05-31.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved October 10, 2011.
- Kenny, Hamill (1945). West Virginia Place Names: Their Origin and Meaning, Including the Nomenclature of the Streams and Mountains. Piedmont, WV: The Place Name Press. p. 74.
|This article about a location in Jackson County, West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|