Adventist Accrediting Association
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Accreditation by the body is not the same as the academic accreditation provided by government-recognized accreditors. Rather, it focuses on ensuring that an institution is aligned with the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Such accreditation confers official recognition by the Seventh-day Adventist church and qualifies schools for church funding. Its process support services, religious course material and the makeup of the teaching staff.
The Adventist Church operates 7,598 schools, colleges and universities, with a total enrollment of more than 1,545,000 students and approximately 80,000 teachers. It says it operates "one of the largest church-supported educational systems in the world". In the United States it operates the largest Protestant educational system, and is second only to that of the Roman Catholic Church. The Adventist educational program is comprehensive, encompassing "mental, physical, social and above all, spiritual health" with "intellectual growth and service to humanity" as its goal.
In terms of enrolled students, the Northern Caribbean University, located in Mandeville, Jamaica, is the largest Seventh-day Adventist university in the world.
- List of Seventh-day Adventist colleges and universities
- List of Seventh-day Adventist hospitals
- List of Seventh-day Adventist medical schools
- List of Seventh-day Adventist secondary schools
- Seventh-day Adventist education
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Seventh-day Adventist theology
- History of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- "Creation and Accreditation". Inside Higher Ed. 12 April 2011. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- "Department of Education, Seventh-day Adventist Church". Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- Rogers, Wendi; Kellner, Mark A. (April 1, 2003). "World Church: A Closer Look at Higher Education". Adventist News Network. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- Seeking a Sanctuary, p. 113
- Alita Byrd, "The Changing Landscape of Adventist Higher Education in North America". Spectrum 37 (Spring 2009), p37–50
- http://education.gc.adventist.org/ - Department of Education, General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, Official Website
- Seventh-day Adventists: the Heritage Continues
- Adventist History by Michael W. Campbell is a blog about on-going research in Adventist Studies.