Adventure (1982 video game)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Acorn Electron cassette cover
|Platform(s)||Acorn Atom, Acorn Electron, BBC Micro|
|Release||1982: Acorn Atom|
1983: Electron, BBC Micro
In this version of the game, the player must rescue a princess from the Magic Caverns. There are over a hundred different locations and many problems must be solved in order to achieve this goal. The game supports one or two word commands and the most useful commands are available via function key shortcuts e.g. INVENTORY, CHECK SCORE etc.
The game's instructions do not reveal all valid verbs, as it is left to the player to discover them. The instructions also mention that the Arabian Nights folk tales may provide useful hints to the player.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (May 2019)
- Graham, Neil. "Electron User review archive: ADVENTURE". Electron User. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- Campbell, Keith. "DEALING WITH THE WIZARD..." Computer and Video Games (August 1982 edition). Retrieved 2010-09-28.[permanent dead link]
- Boylan, C. "The BBC Games Archive - digital memories". The BBC Games Archive. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- "Acorn Electron cassette inlay". Adventure. 1983.
- Haydn, H. "The Acorn Atom Review". Atom Users Club (Netherlands). Retrieved 2010-09-28.