|Disneyland Park (Paris)|
|Opening date||April 12, 1992|
|Designer||Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Theme||One Thousand and One Arabian Nights / Aladdin|
When designing Adventureland for Disneyland Paris, Imagineers intended to keep the original idea of blending exotic environments from Africa, Asia and the Caribbean. Yet, since the One Thousand and One Arabian Nights are part of the European vision of exotism, they decided to add a middle-eastern pavilion at the entrance of the land. Named Adventureland Bazaar, this small recreation of an oriental city also acts as a shopping and eating place.
In 1992, at the opening of the land, the building featured a covered maze-like street network and many shops:
- Les Trésors de Schéhérazade (Schaharazade's Treasures)
- L'Echoppe d'Aladin (Aladin's Shop)
- La Reine des Serpents (The Snake Queen)
- Le Chant des Tam-Tams (The Tam-Tams' Song)
- La Girafe Curieuse (The Curious Giraffe)
In 1999, most of the building was turned into Agrabah Café, with the exception of Les Trésors de Schéhérazade and La Girafe Curieuse. All shops and streets were merged to make one whole restaurant, although the details of the place are left unchanged (except for the shop Le Chant des Tam-Tams which was fully modified). As such, this place now offers a table service for guests. The restaurant specializes in a wide range of mediterranean meals.
Details of the Bazaar
The Bazaar features many references to tales from Arabian Nights:
- A mural of Aladdin and Genie popping out of the Lamp.
- A mural of Sindbad the Sailor.
- A mural of Shaharazade telling stories to her husband.
- A mural of the Ebony Horse.
- A mural of Princess Periezade.
- A room themed to the Snake Queen.
- A Roc's egg laid on top of a tower.
Originally, the building featured a proper oriental soundtrack. Since the Disney film Aladdin was released in 1992, this soundtrack was soon replaced with the movie's one. However, the original soundtrack was brought back shortly after the park's 15th anniversary.
- Photos Magiques - Agrabah Café Les Trésors de Schéhérazade La Girafe Curieuse
- (French) DLRP Synopsis - La Cité d'Agrabah
- YouTube - Agrabah Café Restaurant Tour