Adventures by Disney
|Products||Guided Tours to Asia, Africa, Australia, North America, Europe, Central and South America|
|Owner||Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and Walt Disney Travel Company|
Adventures by Disney (ABD) provides group guided family vacations to various domestic and international destinations. It is jointly managed between Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and Walt Disney Travel Company. Both of these are units of The Walt Disney Company.
On an Adventures by Disney vacation, guests are taken on expeditions that often feature activities designed for families and kids (or 'Junior Adventurers').
Two Disney-trained Adventure Guides (Cast Members) look after a group of no more than 44 guests on an Adventure, and are described as being 'part concierge, guide and storyteller'.
Adventures by Disney's first operating season was in summer of 2005 and featured just two destinations (Wyoming and Hawaii – both in the USA). As of 2015, Adventures by Disney travels to more than 25 destinations throughout Asia, Africa, Central America, South America, Europe, and North America.
In 2015, Adventures by Disney expanded its destinations to span six continents.
Also in 2015, Adventures by Disney introduced several shorter four- and five-day "Long Weekend" itineraries in New York City, Nashville, San Francisco and Wyoming. 
On April 13, 2015, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts announced that Adventures by Disney will have river cruise vacations. AmaWaterways will host the river cruises while Adventures by Disney will guide and storytell with the group. Danube River cruises are expected to start in 2016.  
- Baran, Michelle (February 13, 2015). "Disney Vacations You Didn't Know Existed". The Weather Channel. Retrieved 13 February 2015.
- Kelleher, Suzanne Rowan. "Adventures by Disney Long Weekend Itineraries". About. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Sloan, Gene (April 13, 2015). "Exclusive: Disney to get into river cruising". USA Today. Retrieved 25 April 2015.
- Baran, Michelle (June 11, 2015). "The Ups and Downs of High and Low Season". Travel Weekly. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Eisenberg, Sherri (April 14, 2015). "AmaWaterways, Adventures by Disney Partner on Danube Trips for Families". LA Times. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
|This Disney-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|